Jestersix

Anyone with PAR meter I can borrow?

I'm tired of guessing when it's time to replace my MH bulbs. Does anyone have a PAR meter that I can borrow? I'm planning to be in Alameda this Sat at the frag planning meeting. TIA
Jim

I had one, but I won't explain what happenned to it :( FWIW, I have a replacement on order :)

Direct from the manufacturer. I'll email you the link.

Edit:

Here yah go,

http://apogeeinstruments.com/bqm_spec.htm

Model QMSW-SS $298

Is what I had. For a few more bucks you can get one that does both foot candles and PAR (sun/elect calibration), Model DRM-FQ $319. I need both sunlight and electric light, so I can't get away with the base model, Model BQM-ELEC which is electric lighting only, but it only costs $178. Shipping is cheap!

To change bulbs, to know what each coral is getting PAR wise, so when you trade, you can give better info on it's lighting needs or just so you can have an accurate way of acclimating corals to higher lighting (being able to track what they are getting).

ok so I would need to get the one with a sensor for $ 228 to measure the par under water. I wonder if there would be enough intrest for a group buy?

GreshamH said:
Direct from the manufacturer. I'll email you the link.

Edit:

Here yah go,

http://apogeeinstruments.com/bqm_spec.htm

Model QMSW-SS $298

Is what I had. For a few more bucks you can get one that does both foot candles and PAR (sun/elect calibration), Model DRM-FQ $319. I need both sunlight and electric light, so I can't get away with the base model, Model BQM-ELEC which is electric lighting only, but it only costs $178. Shipping is cheap!

Yah, $228 for the base model with sensor. Great unit.

This is my second unit from them and it works great. Joy at PFO likes the ones she uses on the road as well..

Is the separate sensor better/easier to use (QMSW-SS vs. DRM)?

It looks like the one you used to have and the one you recently purchased is the same price.

Eileen, SS only! The main unit is FAR from waterproof, so either get the SS and do UW readings, or not and never get any UW readings. Any housing will change the readings.

Back