High Tide Aquatics

Apex auto feeder is released!

I cant wait to get my auto feeder. I picked it up this week from BRS. Save 10$ also. They sold out fast. Lots of great deals this last week also for black friday. Ill kerp u posted and msbe do a open box thread on feeder.

We have someone in bar that works for reef angel. If I rember corect he is ceo so im sure if he gets his hands on one may find a way

So what's special about this autofeeder over any of the other autofeeders out there? Hard to tell from still pictures, but does the food stay hidden, then pop out when it's feed time? I mean other than being able to remotely feed your tank I don't see much of a difference over this and say an Eheim feeder.

We have someone in bar that works for reef angel. If I rember corect he is ceo so im sure if he gets his hands on one may find a way

So what's special about this autofeeder over any of the other autofeeders out there? Hard to tell from still pictures, but does the food stay hidden, then pop out when it's feed time? I mean other than being able to remotely feed your tank I don't see much of a difference over this and say an Eheim feeder.

I know I sound like I'm changing my tone:

You can get the eheim feeder to do the feeding for you also through the reef angel if you know how to hook it up. I bet you, you could also do the same with an apex.

The food does pop out and then dispensed. You can also stop pumps wile feeding or lets say your orp is high it wont feed. With most feededs you would have to hav3 time match up with apex to stop pumps. It just give us controller freaks more programing. I was leary about spending 90$ on a feeder but it may be worth it. You also have unlimited amounts of feed times.

I hacked my Eheim feeder and have it hooked up to my RA. I used an old 5v cell phone wall wart, through a LM317T voltage regulator, to power the feeder. I use one of my I/O ports on the RA to trigger a 5V relay that is wired to the manual feed button on the feeder. Any time I want to feed via the feeder I can trigger it from a button (also tied the my I/O module) I mounted to the canopy door or via code through the RA.

This is not like any other feeder on the market. The cartridge actually pushes out, then spins and goes back inside where it is sealed with an o-ring. Awesome unit. The food they have for it is awesome as well :D Crossover Diet... feeds corals and fish at the same time.

I was actually thinking of picking one up for my system when it's finally up and running. I saw it at RAP and was rather impressed simply because the design and functionality is better than what I've seen in the market.

Back