Jestersix

Apex Fusion Club

I just went through the list of everyone that has allowed me access to their dashboard to get a general idea of what people are getting for pH. Out of the 6, all of us have an average pH of 7.95 but @Vhuang168's average pH is 8.46. I gotta say, what are you doing differently than the rest of us?

I recently switched my sump light to being controlled by my ph instead of a simple timed on/off. Now it turns on when my pH drops below 8.07 and turns off when it's above 8.14. I did this partly because I noticed my pH swing wasn't consistent in regards to what time it took place and also to extend or pull out just a couple extra points of pH. I think this has worked quite well.

What led me to try this was that the whole point of doing a reverse fuge light cycle is to try and maintain a more stable pH. It just made sense for it to be controlled then by the pH. I realize that if my average pH starts to change one way or the other I'll need to adjust my on/off values. It can end up being on all or the majority of the day or conversely off all or the majority of the day.

I seem to have good gas exchange because whether I keep my house all closed up or leave every window and door open it has no noticeable impact. So what's your trick @Vhuang168 ?

Not doing anything different. Or rather, not doing anything special. That's just where my tank is at. Don't get caught up in chasing pH numbers. It could be that my pH probe is drifting. That one hasn't been calibrated in a few months. Not important so I've been neglecting it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just went through the list of everyone that has allowed me access to their dashboard to get a general idea of what people are getting for pH. Out of the 6, all of us have an average pH of 7.95 but @Vhuang168's average pH is 8.46. I gotta say, what are you doing differently than the rest of us?

I recently switched my sump light to being controlled by my ph instead of a simple timed on/off. Now it turns on when my pH drops below 8.07 and turns off when it's above 8.14. I did this partly because I noticed my pH swing wasn't consistent in regards to what time it took place and also to extend or pull out just a couple extra points of pH. I think this has worked quite well.

What led me to try this was that the whole point of doing a reverse fuge light cycle is to try and maintain a more stable pH. It just made sense for it to be controlled then by the pH. I realize that if my average pH starts to change one way or the other I'll need to adjust my on/off values. It can end up being on all or the majority of the day or conversely off all or the majority of the day.

I seem to have good gas exchange because whether I keep my house all closed up or leave every window and door open it has no noticeable impact. So what's your trick @Vhuang168 ?
Hmm, I would recommend against that.
My PH probe drifts a fair bit over time.
I need to clean and re-calibrate every 6 months or so if I want decent accuracy.
(It is well beyond that right now)
Something as exact as 0.1 would be a concern.

Recalibrated probe about 10 days ago and it was spot on when I did it. pH fluctuates daily so no point on tracking it, other than to see the cyclical pattern. Here it is mapped against when the light on the chaeto reactor comes on (reverse cycle).

upload_2017-3-28_12-25-35.png

Well, I just recalibrated my PH probes.
Apex was basically unchanged. < 0.02 difference.
Pinpoint was off by a fair bit. 0.15 or so.

Back