got ethical husbandry?

Apex Setup

Picked up a Neptune Apex control unit today "Thanks again Robert" and I have been setting it up all day. I have a few questions and wanted to see if any one other Apex owners could help me out.
1. I have my heater installed on plug 4 and programed to come on at 79.0 and turn off at 79.5. I turned the internal thermostat on the heater up to 81, but when I was done my tank temp red 79.3 but the heaters did not turn on. When I turned on plug 4 manually the heater turned on.
2. I am having a hard time understanding the pump timer settings. Can someone help clarify what initial off tim, on time off time and feed timer delay are. I understand the 4 different feed timer settings A-D, but not sure how to set the others.
3. The network setup. I have it working internally in my home network, "Accessing it through iPhone App. but cannot access it from an outside network. I am using my home ip address not the apex address, and I went into my wireless router and enabled port forwarding, but still cannot seem to get it to work. Anyone have any thoughts on were I should go/look?

Thanks

1) here is the program I use. Maybe you have the program wrong?

Fallback OFF
If Temp < 77.5 Then ON
If Temp > 78.0 Then OFF
If FeedA 000 Then OFF

Also, you will want to set
http://xxx.xxx.xxx/outsetup.sht
so that the heater channel is set to AUTO

outlets 1-3 and 5-7 are digital relays and they are good for most everything except low current loads like dosing pumps and aqualifter etc. Use low current draw items on 4 and 8 since they are mechanical relays.

2) not sure what you mean. I manually program all my channels and do not use the auto config.
Here is what I use for Alk Fallback OFF
Set OFF
If Time 05:00 to 05:15 Then ON
If Time 10:00 to 10:15 Then ON
If Time 15:00 to 15:15 Then ON
If Time 20:00 to 20:15 Then ON
If Time 24:00 to 24:15 Then ON
(Ca is offset. ATO is on a similar timer and is just to prevent overflowing incase it doesn't turn off ..ie limits max daily dose)

3) You can't use your home address externally, especially if you have a router. You likely have a dynamic IP, so set up a DYDNS account and set it up with your fixed IP address and port to the apex
http://www.dyndns.com/
It is free and if you are lucky (seems common enough), your router can auto update DYDNS of your dynamic IP changes.
Hope this is clear enough :)

Never mind I was reading the set up wrong. I have all the outlets set up and working correctly, but still having a hard time with the net set up. I set up an account with dydns.com and turned on port fowarding on my router but still no luck.

Back