got ethical husbandry?

Apex users

As far as I can tell the only difference between the light and standard Apex is the variable speed ports. Basically they can output a voltage from 0-10V. Useful for controlling LED drivers, tunze powerheads, or anything that takes a voltage input. If you think you'll never use them, you can save ~$100. I picked up the "Apex Package 1" from Neptune Aquatics and have been very happy. I don't use the variable speed ports but am planning to when i get some LED actinic going.

mpoletti said:
It looks like I'm going to move up from my acjr to the Neptune apex controller.

I was looking on socaltropicalfish'spage and saw they had different packages. Any feedback for apex owners would be great.

Thanks

Are you running Vortechs or Tunze? I forget? The Vortech controller will be a different module so you could get away with the lite version, which is in the BAYMAC raffle :D

I run both Gresham, but after the fiasco a couple nights ago, I could not wait. I purchased it yesterday and I will be working on installing it this weekend.

Some used to stock Zeovit but it barely sold (sat on shelf) and was very costly pretty much making it an item stores didn't want to stock.

I know and I understand. That is why Tom got my business as I needed to re-cop on some rocks now that Gary and Sanjay convinced me to go blue bottle :)

Hybrid Blue Bottle. It sure didn't look like in those threads that they advocated the full line ;)

Bummer you went the Zeo way! You're one of "them" now. I really liked how your corals look now but when they go pastel I won't be able to say the same :( Zeo makes for very fake looking tanks and truly best serves one guy bottling the same vinegar in different bottles :lol: (that was to get Gary's goat, not yours ;) )

Who said anything about the full line Gresham ;)

I have always supplemented AA's once a week; even before the prodibio and I just needed get some more that the trial sizes. I'm not shooting for the pale colors that some people associate with the brand ZEOvit, and I need to remember that if the colors begin to shift. I've taken it very slowly per Gary's tutelage, but I guess I PM'd gary too many times as he won't even respond anymore 0:)

The biggest thing I have learned is to look at everything through the eyes of propaganda and go from there!

This might take me a bit longer than I hoped for. I think I got the lights, heaters and fans hooked up today. I'll know for sure about my timers in about a half hour or so when the second set of halides are scheduled to turn off.

The next task will learn how to get this thing online and technical stuff is not really part of my skill sets :(

I am in the same boat. I just got the net settings to work right, but I am not sure how to set the feed timers for the main pump, and I can't get the email to work either. Other then that I love mine so far. Definitely worth the money.

I never got the email working (didn't put in the time to figure it out).

For feed, add this to the end of your code (needs to be done in the Advanced to manually edit code)
If FeedA 000 Then OFF
This iirc, turns off whatever outlet this is under for 1000 seconds then back on after the count down. To activate feed, just hit the down arrow on the control pad.

Mark I found this site. It has an Unofficial Owners Manual for the Apex. It was easier to follow and answered some questions/problems that I was having.
http://reeftech.webs.com/

Tumbleweed said:
Mark I found this site. It has an Unofficial Owners Manual for the Apex. It was easier to follow and answered some questions/problems that I was having.
http://reeftech.webs.com/

Thanks, I will take a look at it tomorrow when I am supposed to be working :D

Back