Neptune Aquatics

Apex vs. Apex Lite

I am trying to decide between getting the Apex or the Apex lite, and I am having a hard time finding out the exact differences between the 2. Does anyone know the main differences or where I can read the differences? I looked at Neptunes website but still can't find outthe main differences. Thanks

If you aren't monitoring pH with a reactor and just using a pH probe to measure the tank, then it is more or less useless. Chasing pH's are generally a bad thing to do. variable ports are only useful for certain power heads (tunzes) and if you want to do dimming with LEDs (usually for DIY) and certain dimmable T5 (and I guess if you have a plasma light). There are some other uses, but this tends to be in the DIY side of things.

So the biggest difference is the varible voltage ports. "Which I don't need" I thought that I read on Neptunes infor page that the Lite version can moniter Ph?

Tony the variable port is useful for more then just Tunzes. Any 0-10v port device IIRC can be controlled off it. IIRC the Tunze actually needs a module, AquaSurf, right?

The lite does have the PH port, but you have to buy the probe separately, whereas the full version includes one.

Apex Lite System Contents

1 Apex Lite Base Unit
1 Temperature Probe
1 Apex Display Module w/ 10' AquaBus cable
1 EnergyBar 8
1 6' AquaBus cable
1 Owner's Manual

Apex System Contents

1 Apex Base Unit
1 Temperature Probe
1 Apex Display Module w/ 10' AquaBus cable
1 EnergyBar 8