got ethical husbandry?

Apon's other Skimmerless tank - 25g Work tank

Apon

Supporting Member
ok This is my work tank I thought I take some pics with my little piont and shoot. The pics aren't that great, color is actually much better in real life.

A little history about the tank. it used to be a 25 eclipse tank from Nippon years ago. It is now like 10 years old, and had a CPR backpack skimmer for a number of years, but I removed it since it wasn't producing much skimmate. No Clams either (can you believe it - because of the angel fish), only a little hang on the back filter with some carbon in it.

Lighting is now a aquamedic 250 hqi 20k ocean light.

Corals are softies and LPS from my larger 120 at home. Green polyp toadstool, purple mushrooms, frilly muchrooms, orange ricordea, sinuliaria, hammer, frogspam, gsp, some zoos. All extra colral from that my tank home. Just added 2 GBTA from Green marine, one is still hiding in the back but the one that is out looks much better than in the picture. I also have 5 RBTA in there, those are pretty old.

Fish - 2 true percs, 2 neon gobies ( the ones that were messes with my clam at home),1 strawberrry dottyback, 1 lemon peel angel, a yellow damsel, and 1 talbot damsel.

I thought that tank was larger? It's been awhile since I visited though.

How big is that lemonpeel? Sucker looks small in comparision to the clowns.

Steve, I am using old bulbs from my home tank - I trying to get more use out of them since I have no SPS in there.

Eric - the clown was closer to the camera. the angel is 3 inches and mean too. I think your tank is bigger than mine now.

What do people say when they see the tank? Oh look there's Nemo!!!!... Actually they are Coral and Marlin...

How big is it? Need a canopy I'll make you one

Great office tank! I'm surprised that little table holds all the weight of the tank. How did you hang your pendant? It's just out of the frame of the photo.

I don't remember where I got the angel from...its been years. I don't see them too often in stores. I have thought sof taking him out because I wanted to add a clam in it, he used to nibble on them at home so I took him to work. This is my jail tank. easy tank- lsp and softiues so far.

I never even thought of adding a canopy, but I kinda like the open top. I will think about it.

Thanks Eileen, its at my desk so I have to keep it clean. the rule was it has to be quiet and can't smell. Just been small 2-3 gallon water changes every 2 weeks or so.

The light is hung out of cheap screw in pvc pipes I got at osh, I just went in and made a stand, cost like $15. The fixture is very light - under $5 pounds- external ballast

I have to feed the tank? huh - next you going to tell me I have to change the water too.....

Sorry Tong, they go without on weekends I just feed a little extra on Fridays night when I leave.

Mario - yep lots of folks say nemo....other always ask "are those plants alive" or "is everything in there real?"

The tank used to have an Eclipse 2 hood on it- so that is the size. Thinking about it more now.

I won't say who but here's something funny about the "plants"
She looks inside the tank and says "Seems like those plants need water" :~

Update - I had to take the tank down in March 2012......most of the coral and RBTA went to the Steinhart Aquarium where I still have to clean the tank there. Weird huh.... :)

Back