[Apr 12, 2014] New Hobbyist Workshop 2014 (Hayward, CA)

Discussion in 'Events & Announcements' started by FeliciaLynn, Jan 6, 2014.

New Hobbyist Workshop 2014
Start Date: Apr 12, 2014 12:30 PM
End Date: Apr 12, 2014 03:30 PM
Time Zone: America/Los_Angeles -07:00 PDT

25555 Hesperian Blvd.
Hayward, CA 94545

Posted By: FeliciaLynn

Confirmed Attendees: 11
You can not RSVP for this event...

This event has already begun, or has already passed; RSVP has been since closed.
The following users have RSVP'd "No":
  1. Kara13

Kara13 Guest

Hi. Does it start at 12:00 or 12:30? The description shows 12:00 yet the nice flyer/picture says 12:30.

I'm really looking forward to this. I joined BAR just so I could attend. Should be great info!!! Thanks for putting this on. I realize it takes a lot of work to do so.

2. FeliciaLynn

FeliciaLynn Supporting Member

It officially starts at 12:30. For some reason the website wouldn't let me set a half hour starting time.

Glad to hear you are coming! I look forward to meeting you tomorrow!

3. denzil

denzil Webmaster

I've adjusted the plugin so that anyone can do 15-minute intervals for starting events.

FeliciaLynn likes this.
  4. Devon

Devon Guest

Had a good time today at the meet. Good to meet all of you that I had a chance to talk to. Bought a nice teeshirt and lunch. Got a couple sweet frags also (thanks nano sapiens) I picked yours. Can't wait till the next meet. See you guys and gals soon.

FeliciaLynn likes this.
  5. mray2660

mray2660 Treasurer

At today's event a mead green notebook was left. If it is yours please conntact us

6. Hondo

Hondo Guest

My family and I had a great time.

Thank you to all the members who made this happen.

I am now a supporting member and was able to pick out my very first corals.

-Sam

FeliciaLynn likes this.
  7. Nano sapiens

Nano sapiens Guest

Hope they do well for you!

8. Kara13

Kara13 Guest

Today was great. Thanks all! Lots of good info provided.

FeliciaLynn likes this.
  9. tygunn

tygunn Webmaster

It was great to meet everyone! I'm so happy to be in an area with such a vibrant reefing community!

FeliciaLynn likes this.
  10. I had a great time! It was so nice to meet everyone and put faces to the screen names/pictures.

FeliciaLynn likes this.
  11. Pancetta

Pancetta Guest

Great to meet everyone and I was happy to learn more about water flow and water chemistry .

Felicia,
    How much Revive did you say to use on the Frags? 10ml?
    Nice work on the event today!

Thanks,
    David

12. FeliciaLynn

1 mL of the Revive for one of those little deli containers the frags came in. Then let it sit for 15 minutes.

13. FeliciaLynn

Thank you all for coming out! It was nice to see so many new faces and I'm glad we have so many new members! I had a great time meeting you all and I look forward to seeing you at future BAR events. If you have any questions at all, please take full advantage of our forums. The members are very willing to continue to help you all as you set up your tanks!

Thank you also to all the awesome volunteers today! This event definitely wouldn't have happened without you guys and your great info and advice! :)

14. Pancetta

Pancetta Guest

Sorry,
    Meant to write 1ml.

David

FeliciaLynn likes this.
  15. FeliciaLynn

Ok great! You made me nervous there for a second :)

16. POOLSCAPES

POOLSCAPES Guest

I would like to thank all the bar members for a nice day. It was educational and fun with some nice people. Keep up the great work. Thanks again Joe

FeliciaLynn likes this.
  17. Kara13

Kara13 Guest

Thank you to those that donated frags. They are looking great in my tank. I forgot to ask about the blue sponge. Is there a specific type of blue sponge? What is the recommended lighting and flow?

FeliciaLynn likes this.
  18. FeliciaLynn

I believe that one is photosynthetic, so moderate lighting and flow should be good for it. :)

Kara13 likes this.
  19. Kensington Reefer

Kensington Reefer Supporting Member

What happened to my water chemistry results?

20. FeliciaLynn

Ray was too busy talking to people about water chemistry to run tests on your water. The new hobbyists had tons of questions!