Kessil

April 10th BAR meeting featuring Jake Adams

Hi folks! We're excited to have Jake Adams as our featured speaker on April 10th. Jake will be reviewing new LED products, taking us into the future, now. He will be illustrating the difference between the lights in an interactive format where BAR members will be able to see the lighting in action. This is valuable since things are moving so fast in the the world of LEDs reefers like to stay on top of the technology.

Where? Chabot College http://tinyurl.com/b3j8nk/

What time? 1:00

That is an odd map Jeremy. It's not the address that Chabot give (25555 Hesperian Blvd)
View Chabot College Campus in a larger mapAh I see, your address is closer to the parking lot entrance :DHere's a map to the Cafeteria area.http://thebaymac.com/sites/default/files/ChabotCampusMap-01.pdfHere's driving directions:To park in the Chabot College campus parking lots costs $2.00 for the day. Permits can be obtained using the kiosks around the parking lots. Please do not park in any reserved or restricted spot, you will be ticketed.● From San Francisco, take the Bay Bridge to 880 South. From 880 South,take 92 West toward the San Mateo Bridge. Exit to the right ontoHesperian Blvd.● From Livermore, Dublin, San Ramon, and the San Joaquin Valley, take 580West to 880 South. From 880 South, take 92 West toward the San MateoBridge. Exit to the right onto Hesperian Blvd.● From Oakland, Berkeley, Vallejo, Napa, and points north, take 80 Southto 880 South. From 880 South, take 92 West toward the San Mateo Bridge.Exit to the right onto Hesperian Blvd.● From Palo Alto, Cupertino, Saratoga, take 84 East across the DumbartonBridge, and north on 880. From 880 North, take 92 West toward the SanMateo Bridge. Merge to the right, and exit to the right onto HesperianBlvd.● From San Jose take 880 North. From 880 North, take 92 West toward theSan Mateo Bridge. Merge to the right, and exit to the right ontoHesperian Blvd.● From the Peninsula, take 280 or 101 to 92 East across the San MateoBridge. From 92 East take the Hesperian Blvd. exit, and turn left atthe stoplight onto Hesperian, passing over the freeway north.

Which room? Teacher lounge next to Cafeteria in the same building?

Sounds great. Outstanding work Jeremy finding someone so fast. Are we going to have some sort of a tank setup with some corals in it to see how it really looks with the LED's?

GreshamH said:
Which room? Teacher lounge next to Cafeteria in the same building?

Yes, it will be in the teacher lounge next to the cafeteria. Look for a bunch of people standing around outside with coolers!

BTW, folks, Jake is a great speaker and this is a hot topic on the forums lately so plan to come a little early if you want a seat! :D

Thanks.

I wonder if the new room is done? That would be a better situation IMO :D

Steve, how's the new room coming along? :D

Tumbleweed said:
Sounds great. Outstanding work Jeremy finding someone so fast. Are we going to have some sort of a tank setup with some corals in it to see how it really looks with the LED's?
I don't know about corals, but I'd love to see a tank with water and a par meter to see what flux is through water vs air. I'm really close to making a move to replace my lighting with LEDs (maybe not commercial setups, but still)

So about this party... is there going to be cake? I may have to skip Jake's presentation and head over for cake :p

Back