High Tide Aquatics

Aquamaxx hob-1

Does anyone got it?
It just came today. Its currently installed right now and its producing so many micro bubbles. I assume its still breaking in.
I did a hot water rinse. The bubbles in the skimmer are small, but I don't see any of those big bubbles yet....
Is this normal?
Is the outlet supposed to be in water? or is it supposed to be up?

I don't got it but small bubbles in the skimmer is good. Not sure you'd want to see big bubbles...

From the pics online, looks like the outlet should be in the water.

Quick Google search and looks like there's Plenty of Info Here which includes videos. Google is good :)

Are you getting microbubbles escaping into the DT?

When the skimmer was new, I was getting plenty of microbubbles in the display tank, even after a thorough rinsing. They went away for the most part after breaking in, I don't recollect how long before that happened. There are definitely more microbubbles in the DT when I feed something fatty, like Reef Nutrition products. :bigsmile:

In dealing with the microbubbles, I adjusted the outlet so that it is half-submerged in the water line, and replaced the outlet tee with a 90 degree elbow. Unfortunately, I also don't recall how effective they were.

Yea, the microbubbles are flying around all over the DT right now. Dont got a sump.
Also the outlet is throwing out bubbles in the tank though its not really making any gurgling sounds. Is there any way to fix that? I tried all sorts of ways already...

Back