Cali Kid Corals

Aquarium Safe silcone

sfsuphysics

Supporting Member
I noticed the top of my nano-tank (turned into a QT) has a bit of a leak around the top, feeling around this is because some of the silicone is missing, now this isn't an issue with the QT because who cares water level just goes lower, however with a nice pretty nano showcase, I'd like a higher water level (if anything for the overflow).

So question, what is the "reef safe" silicone? I need it in black to match the trim, was it GE Silicone I (or II?) for doors and windows?

The nicest stuff is GE RTV108. That's the clear one.

That formula also comes in black. The number is different, but close.

I'll try to look it up, unless you find it first.

want to make a nano tank.. I don't like the aquapod that much ;D .. I don't know why sometimes I buy thing that I don't even like ??? ..

Did your Aquapod arrive ok?

I got one recently... crazy story....

1st one arrived broken... so vendor shipped a second one, but it has a scratch on the front of the glass... so the vendor sent a prepaid return label for it and shipped a 3rd one, but it arrived broken.... so they shipped a 4th one, but it has a crazy warp on the base.... now they're shipping a 5th one... I was about to tell them that I'd live with the scratched one, just because I can't stand to see them knocking themselves out trying to make it right.

I don't want a scratched tank, but this is crazy!

Here's an animated gif of the warped tank.

http://www.geocities.com/northernmantis/img/

The manufacturer is really sucky about proper packing. Hardly any styrofoam. The canopy that comes with the tank has moonlights. I thought the leds were pretty lame... really dim.

After I took apart the canopy to work on the fan, I found that the moonlights were loose and out of position. Fixed that and the lights were nice and bright.

Fan bearing started growling after a week. Found it needed lube.

Then the fan quit working the week after that. Took the dang canopy apart and traced the circuits.

Found an intermittent solder bridge on the 12v rectifier board. EEEEEEESHHHH!

Aquapod is a totally sucky product... and that's not even talking about the electrocution hazards of the previous version.

The tank is ok. The plastic trim has scratch all over the top. The light fan is too loud for me. My 12" fan is not as loud as the damn thing. Call MD and had the guy hear it over the phone and he said he doesn't hear anything. He must be deaf or something. I told him it's freaking loud and made him fix it. He told me to send the thing back or he will send me the fan to replace it myself. I requested the fan shipped to me. They sent me the fan and I didn't have time to look at it for a week. When I opened it, it's a wrong fan. Sent them an email again and asked for another fan. They wanted me to send the wrong one back to them first before sending the right one. So I had to wait for them to send me the return label. Sent the fan back to them and got the right one. Couple week later I opened up the fixture and didn't do anything for a month. I didn't have any electrial tape that's why I couldn't cut the wire and replace the fan. Anyway I put it back together without replace the fan because I was too lazy go buy the electrical tape ;D ..

Not as bad as your case but it's not great.

The PC canopy is nice and quiet, except that it makes the tank overheat :(

So you can open the canopy and make the vent slots less obstructed. Then the fan is crazy loud.

But that's ok, because the fan will die shortly :D

DFS customer service is way better than MD.

Mine is a 70W MH not PC light. There are about 30 wires in the damn fixture >:( ..

Yup and PA.. PA sent me wrong stuff before and they shipped me the replacement right away without me sending back the wrong one first. It was my first and last with MD ...

You judge the company good or not base on how they deal with problem/issue. If you didn't have problem, you can't really tell they are good or not right?? ;)

Back