Jestersix

Aquatic Central closing it's doors-50% sale !

sfsuphysics said:
BayReefer415 said:
Coral reefer said:
Hurry up! We need a lfs here!!!
I'm trying, I can only go as fast as my realtor will allow me. It won't be in the city though as I have moved to San Bruno but it will be the closest for sure.
San Bruno is awesome, you'll be able to park there without fear of having your car towed or an $80 parking ticket because the $4 you put in the meter wasn't enough to look in the store and chat a bit :D

Aquatraders I think closed down on San Bruno & 3rd Avenue... nice warehouse style place, used to be a car audio store too. So there's a building available :D
I won't mention exact location or name as I'm not a sponsor here yet but it is gonna be in Burlingame, its not a commercial store front, more of a industrial type place similar to ATL and Neptunes but smaller. It will be focused on reef aquariums and reef aquariums only!!! I'm right around the corner from you gimmito, on Linden right next to Cappuchino High. I was suppose to come check your tank out when it was in its beginning stages.

Nice that's good news more stores in the peninsula. Awesome.

Yes hung ming moved to a smaller store in Geneve from what i've heard. Didn't hear about Lucky ocean closing

For closest LFS for me now with Chris closing, i've been going to NLA is SSF and when Petclub reopens on new store in el camino in SSF. Besides Ultimate when Im near SM and AE as well.

650-IS350 said:
Nice that's good news more stores in the peninsula. Awesome.

Yes hung ming moved to a smaller store in Geneve from what i've heard. Didn't hear about Lucky ocean closing

For closest LFS for me now with Chris closing, i've been going to NLA is SSF and when Petclub reopens on new store in el camino in SSF. Besides Ultimate when Im near SM and AE as well.
I really do wish I could afford the city. I love San Francisco and always will, just can't afford the city unfortunately.

Ahh yeah... Lucky Ocean never was big on corals, they'd have the simple bread and butter stuff, whatever is cheap that people want instant gratification without waiting for a frag to grow out... a lot dead man walking, cut flower type corals. He did throw a tank up many years ago for sps, but they always browned out on him so he shut that down. I like Steve, he's a good guy and isn't afraid to tell you off if you're an annoying customer :D

Last week I was in lucky ocean and Steve had a nice bleeding apple scoly for $150 among other things. He also had a bunch of captive bread clowns too! Maybe he is stepping up his game!

He may need some encouragement. Could even buy tons of common z/p at wholesale, chop them up to small colonies and make a nice amount of money. =P Easy peezy

BayReefer415 said:
sfsuphysics said:
BayReefer415 said:
Coral reefer said:
I'm trying, I can only go as fast as my realtor will allow me. It won't be in the city though as I have moved to San Bruno but it will be the closest for sure.
San Bruno is awesome, you'll be able to park there without fear of having your car towed or an $80 parking ticket because the $4 you put in the meter wasn't enough to look in the store and chat a bit :D

Aquatraders I think closed down on San Bruno & 3rd Avenue... nice warehouse style place, used to be a car audio store too. So there's a building available :D
I won't mention exact location or name as I'm not a sponsor here yet but it is gonna be in Burlingame, its not a commercial store front, more of a industrial type place similar to ATL and Neptunes but smaller. It will be focused on reef aquariums and reef aquariums only!!! I'm right around the corner from you gimmito, on Linden right next to Cappuchino High. I was suppose to come check your tank out when it was in its beginning stages.

Yo Tim...we're practically neighbors. You're always welcome to swing by. :)

gimmito said:
BayReefer415 said:
Coral reefer said:

A LFS in San Bruno...I can only dream since I live in Millbrae. :love:
A store in walking distance? Oh the problems that would have on my pocket book

JAR said:
Last week I was in lucky ocean and Steve had a nice bleeding apple scoly for $150 among other things. He also had a bunch of captive bread clowns too! Maybe he is stepping up his game!

Mmm I love me some breaded clownfish :p

BAYMAC said:
JAR said:

Mmm I love me some breaded clownfish :p

LOL. Tasty deep fried w/garlic!

Just went there today.
Although Chris charged me wrong for my 6 easy frags for $50 (which should've amounted to $25 with 50% off), I still think I got a good deal. I got a nem for 10 dollars out the door, and he seems to really like my newer tank setup!

I'm awaiting when Chris will return to the whole LFS business, even though it seems like he is eager to go!
I'll be waiting, Chris.
-Preston

Retail is a tough business. Chris needs to make the most out of his situation. When he had his GRAND OPENING years back he probably had a sale.
The sale generates excitement and people buy at a rate that they might not during the course of regular business.
Hopefully, Chris kills it at his going out of business sale. People are like friggin vultures at a going out of business sale and for good reason! BIG TIME DEALS! Most likely this is his last shot at going out of business unlike the mattress or rug outlets that keep having the same sales for years.
If I were him I would call my suppliers that I have done business with for years and ask "what do you want to blow out at 20 cents on the dollar?"
Who wins here?
EVERYBODY!
now go get a deal vulture! I did ;)
The best deals are to be had at the very end when the bones are almost clean :bigsmile:

Back