Neptune Aquatics

Aquatic Central closing it's doors-50% sale !

Well I was more thinking of the bag sales from 6th avenue, with a bunch of "vultures" pawing at bags, lifting them looking, plopping back down.

Just seems odd to bring in new merchandise when you're trying to sell out. Otherwise might ask him to order some pumps that have MAP pricing, because who cares if they find out he's selling lower he's going out of business :D

The best deals are to be had at the very end when the bones are almost clean
True, but you can't have high expectations. First day of sale, anything goes, when I went... ok salt was gone, most every fish worth having had hold stickers on them (Jim you getting more tangs for your tank ??? :D) When I was eyeing the test kits even had the guy manning the register (not chris) grab a few and put them aside.

Don't get me wrong, I was happy with what I got (well except the heavily expired Arctipods that was so happy to get I didn't check the date on them).

LMAO Mike, I was gonna jump on those 2 ( arctic pods ) till I saw the exp date. So I opted and raided the Frozen food packs got like 8-10 for like $2 each. which normally sells for 2 1/2 times the value.

650-IS350 said:
LMAO Mike, I was gonna jump on those 2 ( arctic pods ) till I saw the exp date. So I opted and raided the Frozen food packs got like 8-10 for like $2 each. which normally sells for 2 1/2 times the value.

Pretty sure reefing attracts hoarders. Not sure why but several peoples' garages would easily testify to this... Er, not mine of course! :X

650-IS350 said:
Yeah, I'm still gonna use them, I mean the fish don't seem to mind they might be a bit more fermented :D

I got a few of the slabs of frozen mysis too, hard to pass up when it's basically two for one. Also got a few cans of flake food, it's more expensive than online, but when it's 50% off it's cheaper :D

Damn now that I think of it, most all my purchase was food related.

sfsuphysics said:
Well I was more thinking of the bag sales from 6th avenue, with a bunch of "vultures" pawing at bags, lifting them looking, plopping back down.

Just seems odd to bring in new merchandise when you're trying to sell out. Otherwise might ask him to order some pumps that have MAP pricing, because who cares if they find out he's selling lower he's going out of business :D

The best deals are to be had at the very end when the bones are almost clean
True, but you can't have high expectations. First day of sale, anything goes, when I went... ok salt was gone, most every fish worth having had hold stickers on them (Jim you getting more tangs for your tank ??? :D) When I was eyeing the test kits even had the guy manning the register (not chris) grab a few and put them aside.

Don't get me wrong, I was happy with what I got (well except the heavily expired Arctipods that was so happy to get I didn't check the date on them).

I'd skip using those. I will replace the bottle. PM me your mailing address.

At 6 months the copepods fall apart due to an enzyme in their stomach.

amazing. would have been nice to have bottles replaced at the store. especially when the expirations were 3 weeks out from the time of arrival.

great product but one of the hardest to sell.

The week I got back into the hobby after close to a 3 year hiatus Chris closes shop. Good luck with your future ventures Chris. I'll keep my fingers crossed that you will be back up and running sometime soon.

Back