High Tide Aquatics

Aquatic collection Purple virus favia

iani

Supporting Member
I have one frag of the purple virus favia.
http://aquaticcollection.com/products/favia103/

I thought I would try something new this time. This DBTC is open to anyone who wants it. Only rule is you must link a tank joural or thread here to you tank. The person that has the most suitable tank for this coral will get it. Other people can chime in with their opinions on who should get the piece as well.

You must give back 2 frags to the DBTC before selling or trading.

I'm interested in proping this one. I need to update my journal thread since the tank is ever growing. The thread starts out with the 10g, but has been a upgraded 40g frag tank for a while now. I'll post an update photo tonight

http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=3129.0

nice One...

I recently sculpted some mushroom shaped rocks for the specific purpose of growing different favias on them.

2958315427_711390bb37.jpg

I would like to be considered for a frag and if chosen will refrag to dbtc then grow a cool ass mushroom shaped favia haha.

My tank is at www.TheTentacleParadox.com

Awesome rock idea Daniel! Your tank (and in line with those new rocks) has had me wanting to do a Dr. Sues style layout using man made rocks.

Thanks! My big beef with LPS has always been thier shape. The colors are insane, but a colorful mound or disk blanketting the sand never looked good to me, so it makes sense to create the shapes you want and then grow your LPS onto it. I made a branched rock shaped like a claw that is current being grown over with a war coral.. Cant wait to see what that looks like finished!

I mentioned in another thread that If your looking for aqua med at the home depots in SF and they are all gone, and it was because of me... Well it took many many tubes to make all the mushrooms and stems!

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=4905.msg59777#msg59777 date=1224526678]
Mushroom frag rocks, I like that! :D
[/quote]

+1

Can you make me one?? LOL

[quote author=Elite link=topic=4905.msg59784#msg59784 date=1224527946]
[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=4905.msg59777#msg59777 date=1224526678]
Mushroom frag rocks, I like that! :D
[/quote]

+1

Can you make me one?? LOL

[/quote]

Lol Bring a few tubes of aquamed to the next meeting im at and Ill make you one lol!

maybe 2-2.5 to make the big one and part of the stem. On the the big ones, I have them attached to branch rock I cut and the base is actually attached to a flat piece of acrylic so it can stand up.

I was going to make a write up on it when I actually have corals growing on it, but Ive been recently laid off, so these projects have taken the back burner.

[quote author=iani link=topic=4905.msg59876#msg59876 date=1224545136]
I'm leaning towards Daniel though, I like his rocks.[/quote]

LOL, sounds like you guys need to make a date! ROFL :)

Back