Reef nutrition

Are these AEFW marks?

Are these circular marks AEFW bites?

I still see PE but with lights on the circular marks do look like lighter but still colored

Attachments

• 9D1EB403-09BA-4003-84A0-4B888FB8E6BA.jpeg
    9D1EB403-09BA-4003-84A0-4B888FB8E6BA.jpeg
    60.3 KB · Views: 201
Looks like it. Try an squirting with a baster in tank to see if any fall off. Or try an iodine or coral dip to see if any fall off. They are very difficult to see in tank on the coral. The eggs are usually easier to see. They are orange/brownish in color, usually at the base of the coral skeleton.

There’s a lot of detritus and what not that gets blown up from the surrounding rock as well so I’m not sure

I suppose I can pull off the frag but would rather avoid doing that

Better safe than sorry.
If you are able to take that coral off, you can check for aefw in a separate container by blowing on it with a baster; if any worms, they will detach from the coral. Dip the colony and sounds like a lot of work but if you have other acros, why risk them? Set a small quarantine tank; egg masses are super tiny and impossible to spot and those might be the ones to worry about.

I would say inconclusive. photo too blurry to really tell, and considering the location could be detritus that settles in a low spot that killed of tissue there

There’s a lot of detritus and what not that gets blown up from the surrounding rock as well so I’m not sure

I suppose I can pull off the frag but would rather avoid doing that
And I'd rather not eat vegetables instead of pizza right now, but if I asked people how to be healthier and maybe lose weight, and they suggested eating more vegetables and less pizza I'd probably listen.

Back