Kessil

Are they rainbow BTA?

any of these are rainbow BTA? Some look much nicer in person.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    192 KB · Views: 472
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 290
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 308
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 282
I have always been told rainbow can be anything with 3+ colors.

My anemone was a Colorado Sunburst but morphed in a friends tank into a what I call as a rainbow now. It has lost its yellow in the tips making it just a rainbow.

Looking at the first pic I would say its a Rainbow Anemone.

Yeah I'm not sure how a "rainbow" anemone actually defined, if you go by Dan's definition, then sure maybe under a bunch of blue fluorescent light they're "rainbow". Guess that makes all my RBTA rainbows too though :)

It's very obvious the pictures are taken very blue light though, so I wouldn't pay a premium based on these pictures.

I see some rainbow BTA at the store that not nice at all, but some normal BTA look really nice. I seen some sunburst in person and it really nice. Also, like Dan case sometime BTA look nicer or uglier depend on tank condition and on it mood.

They all look awesome under BLUE leds
I have kept quite a few of my BTAs under nothing but Royal Blue LEDs for a while now, doesn't seem to affect them as far as needing "full spectrum". Others are under a multitude of colored LEDs, and they're growing fine too... of course the algae in my refugium area seems to like the LEDs as well (and not the desirable types of algae)

Back