Neptune Aquatics

Arnold's 120 Gallon Tank - added tank progression shots and video from over the years

Apon

Supporting Member
I guess its a good spot for pictures - sorry folks this is a repeat for those whose has seen this info from the SF Tank Tour.

11-21-2007 update - I lost a one inch deresa clam, because my torch frag fell on it a few weeks ago! My superman monti is loosing color as well, but everything is about the same.

My Tank info -
Actually its my mixed reef with lots of clams -12 of them. Some of my clams will out grow this one so I am thinking about what to do with them too later, but here is some info and pics. enjoy.

Tank-
4x2x2 120g tenecor tank.- dual overflow -small sump with a- iwaki return pump returns 3 pipes into the tank.

1 vortec pump for additional flow.

Lighting-
36" aquamedic dual 250 20k HQI with dual 39watt T5 little and
36" sunpod Dual 150 20k HQI lighting ( I think the side tank pics is one with only 1 light on)
3 coralife 1 watt moonlights that i leave on all day long.

Filtration-
No Skimmer (for past 9 months)- No filter sock - filtration is maintained by 5 gallon water changes once a week, 1 small bag of carbon, and 12 clams ( 2 gigas, 2 squamies, 2 hippos, 1 crocea, 5 deresas of different sizes.....lost my 2 maxima's )
Lots of live rock and a shallow sand bed.

Additional-
I dose lime water twice a week ( 5 gallons drip in) and sometime some iodine
A small fan to maintain temp
a Calcium Reactor
No Heater, No refug. No Cheato, that's it ....pretty simple setup

[quote author=kinetic link=topic=2409.msg24752#msg24752 date=1190358643]
Arnold's side shot and fts:

1416586446_c1bf35eab2_o.jpg

[/quote] [/B][/QUOTE]

QUOTE]<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=10912757#post10912757 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Apon
Another shot - Thanks to Art for taking the pics.

[quote author=kinetic link=topic=2409.msg24753#msg24753 date=1190358683]
FTS:
(If the vortech and return were off, the reflection on top would be killer... hehe =)

1415705897_a0e3152827_o.jpg

[/quote]
[/QUOTE]

very cool, can't wait to see more updates! I'll come over next time I visit my sister across the street lol ;)

BTW it's easy to take good pictures of a tank if the tank is in such amazing maturity and condition as arnold's!

Thanks guys, Skimmer is attached, but the pump is dead : ) Good thing the tank is about 4 years old.

Since Sept -I added that large favia that I bought from Lucky Ocean that day of the tour for those who remember. I gave it too much light so its not as bright as before.

I moved my large bright green candy cane to the center of the tank.

And Added a Aussie( no laughing Norm) Elegance coral, which is doing great for the last 2 months.

Losses - Cali tort from SWAP in Dixon, red millie minicolony, and the little 1 inch deresa clam.

[quote author=Raddogz link=topic=2612.msg27098#msg27098 date=1195871782]
The colors are even more "WOW" than the above shot as he has added different spectrum (more blue), and more of it lighting :D
[/quote]

... hangout at Arnold's!?

Update - I picked 2 new clams - broke my own rule one - 3 inch blue maxima from the Taravel Shop and one - 1 inch multicolor maxima from OT ( the same one that Charles W. bought before I could) its way small so I hope it will be ok.

yep, that is the one Mike. Eileen I don't think you saw it, unless you stopped by the last 2 weeks to the shop.

ok time for another update:

Since the tank tour I lost the hippo clam ( anyone know why I can get another one? I can't find them anywhere) and 1 maxima :(

Just this week since I was on vacation I lost part of my mini sps colony from Tonga- still have a large frag I saved and I also lost 1 of my Green slimmer colonies....I think my friend said it fell while I was gone.

Now I guess I have an excuse to add stuff to the tank.

Back