Jestersix

arrgh! lost my oregon tort now 20k lokani having issues

I had the same thing happen to me. High Alk leading to a long slow death of most of my sps corals (only my montis survived). Also, I would double check your phosphates. most tests are incredibly inaccurate.

2011-11-07085409-1.jpg

Stable for a few days now.
All the white area in the middle happened overnight about 3 days ago.

Thanks for the pic. That's looks a lot like the seasonal issue I talked about. I had it a few weeks ago with some OT, I did a water change, adjusted the CaRx and then just left it alone. IME, its better to do small/no changes if only one or two corals are going goofy. :D

Thales said:
Thanks for the pic. That's looks a lot like the seasonal issue I talked about. I had it a few weeks ago with some OT, I did a water change, adjusted the CaRx and then just left it alone. IME, its better to do small/no changes if only one or two corals are going goofy. :D

^^^^ It seems that in our mixed reefs not every coral is happy at the same time, you wind up chasing numbers trying to "fix things" when there are issues you cannot fix by looking at test kits.

tuberider said:
Thales said:

^^^^ It seems that in our mixed reefs not every coral is happy at the same time, you wind up chasing numbers trying to "fix things" when there are issues you cannot fix by looking at test kits.

+1K

Yup, had a couple of my larger acro colonies get a little tissue necrosis and it just grew and grew, eventually I chopped up all I could in an effort to save it :(

Jon - sorry to hear that. The frag of this coral that you gave me is doing OK in the tank at RTC - not growing much, but looks healthy. You can have it back when you are ready. Plus, would be good excuse to visit my tank + I'll show you around the lab!

Back