Neptune Aquatics

Ashburn’s not so frugal 90g

ashburn2k

Supporting Member
So here it is. Upgrading from a 55g long and it’s going to be interesting.

69ba77a4790522adf29dde64082515ae.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Going to overbuild the stand just like my frag tank’s stand. 55g’s MDF stand makes me nervous since day one.

Sump will be on the floor,otherwise I’d add cross brace

Last edited:
Nope, it’s going to be in the garage, so I pretty much do not care for the appearance. Will only cover the front with a piece of plywood with Velcro and paint the stand black.

Sump will be on the floor,otherwise I’d add cross brace

That could be good in summer as concrete will stay cooler, but not ideal for winter as you will waste a lot of heat!
If at least put a rubber mat under the sump or something

Pretty nice build you got there; just a suggestion, the inside corners posts, I'd ditch them, you have more than enough support with the 2x's

That could be good in summer as concrete will stay cooler, but not ideal for winter as you will waste a lot of heat!
If at least put a rubber mat under the sump or something

Thanks for the tip, I’m putting a plywood under the sump.

So I found out that I had to be away for a few days starting Monday and with wife and kids gone before me, I speed up the build and fast forward a little bit, and yes I suck at documenting my process.

This is the beast, almost twice of my old tank, excuse me the wire mess and the led stand is still drying up from the paint.

a5293ac902a6336f0228da635044fbc4.heic

And overall shot of two tanks

71907a17c3001337a54dc07f32e2bb85.heic

Any little bump or quake can offset those lights and into the tank. I'll wire them up just in case. Especially with current earth quakes like weather we having.

Back