High Tide Aquatics

Ashburn's 187g endgame tank

I agree, but my work process would mean taking out my DSLR, finding the marco lens, uncap everything, setting up tripod, setup wb, making sure my hands are clean to touch the camera... etc etc.. and i'm a trigger happy kind guy, i usually ended up 20+ additonal photos for 1 shot, so you can imagine the post edit would be nightmare to pick out the one that I really liked. at the end, entire process can take more than 2hrs. ( oh yeah and put all the gear back in the case and not to get any salt water on them is another challenge for me )

then again it's just me. I'm sure @RandyC, @Ibn and @kinetic does this better than me with their DSLR.

Stop taking 20+ pictures for 1. Get the money shot the first time. ;) And your white balance shouldn't be changing that much unless you're tweaking your light settings all the time.

If you're a Lightroom user, you can save your previous settings and apply that on import so your post is very minimal.

I agree, but my work process would mean taking out my DSLR, finding the marco lens, uncap everything, setting up tripod, setup wb, making sure my hands are clean to touch the camera... etc etc.. and i'm a trigger happy kind guy, i usually ended up 20+ additonal photos for 1 shot, so you can imagine the post edit would be nightmare to pick out the one that I really liked. at the end, entire process can take more than 2hrs. ( oh yeah and put all the gear back in the case and not to get any salt water on them is another challenge for me ).....

I have no problem with you doing all that work for good photos.
:)

I do, that why i quit the photography gig, knowing that i spend too much time in the process. and being anal about every details. and not to mention it;s another money drain 'hobby'

new zoas

from swap
Brown and peach
Gold maul
nirvana
Pink diamond
wwc super star

trade at swap
cats eyes
aoi
gobstopper
alpha omega
blueberry

r2f
ultra gobstopper
circus
orange oxide
Darth maul
jf insane rainbow

other coral
Orange gorgonian
Orange monti cap
Green digi

dual mp60 added to both side of the 187g. putting gyre pump on hold to see if mp60 does better job. currently mp60s are dialed at 20% at both side while gyre is at 90%. and shows more flow.

Light upgrade
Dual ap700 over the main tank
a0dd69b647a2877c566cee908e53b304.jpg

Moved one a350 to the sps frag tank
91b4bd0086aaa2ede9b60839db25763b.jpg

And another one to zoa/lps frag tank
ee448a0e70b6594fcd52883d15887f1c.jpg

Also got the ma871 for spot on salinity accuracy.

Apex LDK to complete my apex set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
I think you need 2 more ap700s for the sides [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nah I need 2 more ap700 for the frag tanks so I can phase out a350 I think they are dying. Lights aren’t bright as it used to be. Or the newer lights are just brighter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back