ATL Blue tip green slimer

Discussion in 'DBTC - SPS' started by tuberider, Dec 29, 2007.

statistics
No Transactions
None
Please email your web administrator with a link to this thread if you want to add this thread to the DBTC database!!
  1. tuberider

tuberider Guest

I have three frags of ATL blue tip green slimer available. DBTC rules apply.

2. LeviT

LeviT Guest

What the hey, put me down for 1. Are you planning on making the BOD mtg? if so feel free to bring it along.

3. tuberider

tuberider Guest

Levi I'll be at the BOD meeting, and will ferry it to you.

4. patchin

patchin Facilities / Event Coordinator

If there are no other takers..........it sounds beautiful.

5. tuberider

tuberider Guest

You got it Steve, and yes it's a nice one, fast grower too. Second generations should come quick with this one.

6. patchin

Thanks, Jeremy for the frags yesterday. Blue tipped green slimer, birdsnest, and pocci. Was a little bummed when I got home yesterday. Had done a 20% water change in the morning and when I got home my new pink Milli and the bronze milli from you looked bad. The pink one was shedding some tissue and yours was looking bad. Realised that I forgot to use prime after I produced my rodi. You need a special cartridge for chloramine, right? That I don't have. Anyway, added a few drops of prime to the nano and things perked up. The frags are OK.
    Thanks again.

7. tuberider

tuberider Guest

No problem, get a chloramine cartridge fast or your gonna need a new membrane too ;)

8. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

FYI you don't need a "special" cartridge for chloramine other than a carbon cartridge, however contact time is the issue, so usually 2 carbon blocks are recommended.

9. tuberider

tuberider Guest

[quote author=sfsuphysics link=topic=2750.msg30023#msg30023 date=1200274705]
    FYI you don't need a "special" cartridge for chloramine other than a carbon cartridge, however contact time is the issue, so usually 2 carbon blocks are recommended.

[/quote]Much easier to get the cartridge than to add another canister.

10. patchin

My rodi has 3 cartridges, particle, carbon, and di in addition to the ro. Maybe wasn't smart and bought one used, a while back. So now I.m looking at replacing all filters and membrane and needing a cartridge for chloramine. What should I do? Do I need a four cartridge system plus RO? Should I just sell this and buy something new? Filter Guys? ??????? Thanks again

11. tuberider

tuberider Guest

You should be fine with what you have.

What's your TDS? If you are low <10ppm your membrane is most likely OK, and all you'll need to do is replace your carbon. I like to replace my particulate more often and use a finer sediment filter to extend the life of the other cartridges.

12. TimTen

TimTen Guest

I would like to get in lline for a frag of this

13. patchin

Final TDS is around 25, down from an incoming TDS of around 375.

14. tuberider

tuberider Guest

[quote author=TimTen link=topic=2750.msg30036#msg30036 date=1200281816]
    I would like to get in lline for a frag of this
    [/quote]Tim, I still have one around I'll bring it to the swap

[quote author=patchin link=topic=2750.msg30040#msg30040 date=1200282905]
    Final TDS is around 25, down from an incoming TDS of around 375.
    [/quote]25 is a little high, may want to check your H2O pressure.

15. TimTen

TimTen Guest

Great, thanks alot

16. patchin

Incoming water pressure is 60#.

17. LeviT

LeviT Guest

Got my frag from Jeremy at the BOD mtg, thanks! Jeremy, should I post to the complete thread or would you like to?

18. tuberider

tuberider Guest

I've been keeping records in the completed thread, no worries.

19. tuberider

tuberider Guest

[quote author=patchin link=topic=2750.msg30165#msg30165 date=1200356843]
    Incoming water pressure is 60#.
    [/quote]You may want to add an additional DI cartridge.

20. LeviT

LeviT Guest

Here is a quick update. The frag I got from Jeremy is looking good. It's greened up nicely but doesn't have any blue yet.

[img width=750 height=1000]http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii263/wlt501/ATLbluetipgreenslimer3.jpg[/img]