Kessil

ATL green body purple polyp birds nest

It's in the middle bottom of my tank toward the front and it's just about back to normal again already. It was weird, the polyps were retracked and it looked like it was blistery (for lack of a better desription). This is the first time I've noticed it like that. I'll keep a closer eye on it and see if I can get it some better flow but the best flow is higher up in my tank but you said these like lower light. Do you think it'll be ok with my other sps's since I only have T5's?

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=2659.msg30976#msg30976 date=1201369365]
Sure, it should be fine, it's super hardy. I've seen blistering on Acros, but not birdsnest....
[/quote]

Woo hoo, quotes worked :)

What's the blistering from?

Quotes don't work for me... Anyway, no one really knows IIRC, my granulosa used to do it, I have an A. micro in a customers tank that does it, I haven't the foggiest. I did see Gresham post a picture of an exceptional case a while back, he was in the same quandary as well.

Posting "bump" (or anything else) on a thread bumps it to the top of the thread list.

Some people post, "ttt" for "to the top". There are a few others.

Gomer it's glued that way for maximum growth, if you mount a frag like that horizontally more of the animal is exposed to light therefore it's able to produce more energy and grow faster. Not as pretty in the beginning, but that's not what matters at that point.

No, I meant the frag mount itself :) Coral Cradles have the the "legs" on the bottom that you can easily snip off, that are just convenient for holding them inplace on egg crate.

cut.jpg

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=2659.msg31006#msg31006 date=1201397698]
Hey Levi. Take some snips to the bottom of that plug and re-glue it flush :p
[/quote]

LOL, I'm putting a frag rack together needed to buy some time until then. I have some large snails that knock everything over so just about everything in my tank get's glued :)

Update: Same as Pocci. After doing well under my low light, was found upside down and is barely hanging on. I've been trying to wedge the plugs in the rocks, obviously not working. Will rig up a frag tray with egg crate, to minimize the chance of this happening again.

Damn snails >:(

All the birds nest I received (including this one) bleached out. However they didn't go through STN or RTN. It is slow, but they are all coming back now and are showing signs of coloring up. All the polyps have been fully extended etc. No "growth" yet, but I think it will just be a matter of time.

[quote author=patchin link=topic=2659.msg36732#msg36732 date=1204994703]
Update: Same as Pocci. After doing well under my low light, was found upside down and is barely hanging on. I've been trying to wedge the plugs in the rocks, obviously not working. Will rig up a frag tray with egg crate, to minimize the chance of this happening again.

Damn snails >:(
[/quote]
I super glue egg crate to a magnetic cleaner so I can move it around and clean (I don't clean with the frag rack though sillies ;D), sorry to hear about your troubles. It is a very resilient coral and should come back strong.

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=2659.msg36735#msg36735 date=1204994959]
All the birds nest I received (including this one) bleached out. However they didn't go through STN or RTN. It is slow, but they are all coming back now and are showing signs of coloring up. All the polyps have been fully extended etc. No "growth" yet, but I think it will just be a matter of time.
[/quote]

I've found this coral to be the new xenia, un frickin believable growth, that is if it's in medium light. High light and it bleaches and dies, medium light and it's very pale but the growth rate is astonishing, low light (and I mean shaded low light) and it grows slow, but gets real nice color.

Back