ATL red anemones

Discussion in 'Fish and Invertebrates' started by bluenassarius, Apr 29, 2010.

1. so i noticed they have been unhappy for about 2.5 weeks. i couldn't figure out why, water changes, carbon/gfo, filter pad, moving em out of the light, lower flow, higher flow etc. couldn't get it right. i moved em to the tub that has my maxis and over a week period the condition did not improve. one in particular was not happy so i pried it off the rock and noticed it tried to split but the rock was clustered w/ the red nems so it had no where to split

i pried a few more off and they were all partially split. i went ahead and did it for them. look at what happened :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Sfork

Sfork Guest

lol cool, I had that happen with a few of my mini nems, 2 feet but not enough room to split.

3. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

I bought a big rock of minis and a handful of maxis the other week. The minis I removed from the rock and several split with in days, and more have split since. Two of the maxi's split as well :)

4. yep, ppl haven't witnessed maxi's splitting but a few of mines split . the minis split frequently. these reds split on me quite a number of times already.

5. Eight

Eight Guest

Were those the maxis you picked up from me Gresh? Luck you! None of mine have split. :p

6. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

Yup :) I'll try to get some pictures when I get back to the tank :)

7. treylane

treylane Guest

None of mine split either. hrm. Ohwell, too chicken to pull out the scissors anyway.

8. Eight

Eight Guest

So what's the secret to churning out maxi clones Gresh? Miracle Gro, Soy Sauce and Oyster Feast? :p

9. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

I wish I knew :( It could just be from the stress of moving tanks?

10. stress will do it :) i've noticed they will crawl into dark areas to do the split

11. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

That is exactly what happened Sam!!

12. i had a few do that for me. it's pretty crazy how they split too. its not the typical split from the middle.. it rips itself unproportionally like 75% and 25% .. the 25% didn't have a mouth.