Cali Kid Corals

ATL red anemones

so i noticed they have been unhappy for about 2.5 weeks. i couldn't figure out why, water changes, carbon/gfo, filter pad, moving em out of the light, lower flow, higher flow etc. couldn't get it right. i moved em to the tub that has my maxis and over a week period the condition did not improve. one in particular was not happy so i pried it off the rock and noticed it tried to split but the rock was clustered w/ the red nems so it had no where to split

i pried a few more off and they were all partially split. i went ahead and did it for them. look at what happened :)

rednems1.jpg

rednems2.jpg

I bought a big rock of minis and a handful of maxis the other week. The minis I removed from the rock and several split with in days, and more have split since. Two of the maxi's split as well :)

yep, ppl haven't witnessed maxi's splitting but a few of mines split . the minis split frequently. these reds split on me quite a number of times already.

GreshamH said:
I bought a big rock of minis and a handful of maxis the other week. The minis I removed from the rock and several split with in days, and more have split since. Two of the maxi's split as well :)

Were those the maxis you picked up from me Gresh? Luck you! None of mine have split. :p

Yup :) I'll try to get some pictures when I get back to the tank :)

I wish I knew :( It could just be from the stress of moving tanks?

i had a few do that for me. it's pretty crazy how they split too. its not the typical split from the middle.. it rips itself unproportionally like 75% and 25% .. the 25% didn't have a mouth.

Back