got ethical husbandry?

Ato for 2g pico tank?

I'm thinking of setting up a little 2g pico tank at work with some gsp and other weeds. Anyone have an idea what would work for an ato? Must be absolutely bulletproof. I had a crappy homemade ato flood a Nano tank at my last job. Ha-ha. Almost zapped my pc... :)

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Well, can you use a controller?
Those can be programmed to limit and send warnings.

Otherwise, best to use a tiny doser pump and dual float switches for redundancy. One normally out of the water.

I'm not sure I want to spend the money on a controller for a 2g tank. :) I will have to look into what is available. Float switches I've seen in the past are a bit large and would end up taking up too much room in this tank.

Put a sump under your desk. Small plastic container of some kind, or a bucket with a lid.
Tiny little pump, just airline tubes for overflow and return.
Switches, etc go in the sump. Perhaps even the heater as well, depending on office temp.
As a bonus, more water for stability.

Put a sump under your desk. Small plastic container of some kind, or a bucket with a lid.
Tiny little pump, just airline tubes for overflow and return.
Switches, etc go in the sump. Perhaps even the heater as well, depending on office temp.
As a bonus, more water for stability.
A sump would definitely clean things up. I could probably swing a diy ghost overflow for the tank. My only concern would be drilling the flimsy glass the tank is made of. I did not have a world of luck drilling a 10g tank in the past. One attempt cracked the tank while drilling, and another cracked tightening the bulkheads...

You can use a simple gravity fed bottle to top off your RO water.

The water stays in the saltwater as proven several times by nanosapiens.

@Ahruk actually uses the same principle except with petco glass bottles for a better look.

Also you can see the same ato used in roger's 3 gallon pico.

http://www.bareefers.org/forum/threads/rogers-3-gallon-pico.16611/
It seems its in my nature to over complicate things. Ha-ha. I'll have to fill this tank with water and run some a powerhead and heater to get a feel for how much water evaporates. My goal would be for the tank to be able to make it at least 4 days before refill.

My 2 large water bottles last around 2 days, on a smaller tank with less surface area I imagine that they'd last at least 4.

Back