High Tide Aquatics

[Aug 17, 2013] Romberg Tiburon Center Barbeque & Tour (Tiburon, CA)

aa3bea00.jpg

Circle your calendars for Saturday, August 17th. Jonathan (Crabby) and RTC will open their doors for a tour of the research laboratory, clam spawning talk, & barbecue. Please post in this thread if you are interested in coming (RTC can acommodate 40 people max) so we can get a accurate head count.

Event Name: Bay Area Reefers Aquarist Club, BBQ Potluck & Meeting

Event Date: Saturday, August 17, 2013

Location: Romberg Tiburon Center, Bldg. 36, 3150 Paradise Drive, Tiburon, CA 94920

Event Time: 12 – 3 pm

12 – 1:30 pm, BBQ/Potluck, picnic area, Bldg. 36

1:30 – 3 pm, research lab tour and presentation, Kern Classroom, Bldg. 36

--Directions & Notes from Jonathan--

FYI for those people bringing their kids:

RTC was not set up as a kid friendly place, though there are kids there and I bring mine to work from time to time. Parents need to be prepared to constantly supervise their kids as there are many potential dangers and many things that they should not play with/around (e.g., roped off areas, exposed seawall, trenches, research equipment, etc...). There is no playground on the site, but there is plenty of space to play.

The RTC gates will open at noon. If you intend to arrive before noon, please let me know. When you drive through the gate go all the way down the hill to the water and turn right all the way to the far end of campus. Park in any space. We'll meet there at a large white building (Building 36).

--End Note--

A BBQ lunch will be provided. The menu:
- Chicken
- Sausages
- Salad
- Chips
- Dessert (pies and/or other baked goods)
- Assorted sodas and water

Here's more info on RTC.

http://rtc.sfsu.edu/

Hey everyone, we just implemented a new calendaring feature that allows folks to RSVP. I've duplicated this RTC event here. Feel free to RSVP and play with it as you like but we'll be following the RSVP list contained here.

Back