Cali Kid Corals

Aussie Archohelia Rediviva (Strange, rare coral?)

Wow! 30 mins in and this thing is completely open. Polyps are clear/white. Might feed it a little cyclopeeze. I bet it's hungry from the flight. :p

Eight said:
That's funny. In a prior RB post one of the bloggers copied a post I made on RC describing the Neptune APEX. (I had spent some time talking to Curt at MAX.) Funny how this is such a small world/community.

Even funnier is the blogger is a good friend of mine and will be speaking at BAYMAC this year and the subject is REEFbuilders (stories not told, eye candy, etc) AND both he and I are good friends with the person that snapped that picture :lol: 2 degrees of happiness :)

Yup. I am leaving for NY on Wed night, back on Sunday. I am going to keep it fed until I leave on Wed (already have some baby brine shrimp hatching), then maybe the following week if it's looking healthy I will make a couple of frags.

sfsuphysics said:
I think that's Gresham saying he doesn't need a frag because he's already happy because he knows the person who snapped the picture :)

Oh looky here I must ahve thought you solved you red bug problem on your own :)

Unless he got two colonies in, I'm arse out unless I get a frag from some one else :) food for frags and you don't have to hatch and separate my feeds :p And they aren't hard on the stomachs of fish and corals, nor are they associated with virbrio :lol:

This coral continues to do well. It's open almost all of the time day and night. Seems to be open the most after it's had some complete darkness. Eating well, I have been feeding it a combination of fish roe, enriched brine shrimp, bbs, crushed formula one, etc.

Also... I heard that Diver's Den might be posting another one of these up on Liveaquaria.com tonight. I know some other people on RC are looking for it, so you need to act fast if you want one. (Good stuff on there gets purchased within minutes of it being posted...)

Glad to hear it's working out for you, a little too much coral for me to deal with (non-photosynthetic and all), but I'm sure whomever gets that other one they may/may not post up will be happy (just hope they don't kill it thinking it's photosynthetic :D)

FYI, it just got posted:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemDisplay.cfm?c=2733+8&ddid=63288

Seems a lot smaller than mine, but still nice.

Eight said:
FYI, it just got posted:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemDisplay.cfm?c=2733+8&ddid=63288

Seems a lot smaller than mine, but still nice.

He told me that was going up :) I'll wait for a frag of the tanked version? I can trade the other one that looks like it but is photosynthetic :) I think Jim named it Battlestar galaxia.

Back