got ethical husbandry?

Auto Feeders

nudibranch said:
I think I got ripped off. Also I thought a product had to have a certain degree of honesty for it to be allowed to be sold. Like I couldn't sell a bottle of water and say it would make you regrow a kidney.

It depends on how you word the claim

Very few industries have to support labeling or advertising claims. Food and drugs are the highest regulated. This includes animal feeds but NOT suppliments. If the manufacturer doesn't claim it as a feed, there really is no oversight of that product. I suggest reading Rich's series and read up on "snake oil".

GreshamH said:
Mmmm Marc Weiss products are highly known for their snake oil like qualities. I would get onto another product. one that doesn't use quartz.

INGREDIENTS:
Crude protein, crude fiber, quartz, Cytokinin, yeasts

Derived from ferment of: Citrus leaves, yeasts, animal by-products

Yah that's not such a great calcium supplement.'

http://www.marcweissco.com/marine/black_powder/black_powder.html

For animal by-product read blood meal....anyone that has fed high nitrogen craving plants knows this texture, colour and SMELL. Black Powder is just a big jar of dried blood from the kill floor. If this really works for coral go buy 5lb bags at your local nursery for a fraction of the cost.

-Gregory

GreshamH said:
gotta get out of this thread.....

Holy carp...it looks like 90% of my post went poof. Ugh. Not gonne peck all that out again on my phone, thats for sure :lol:

Back