Neptune Aquatics

awww darn

Got back to my apt with a newly borrowed brad gun and got right to skinning my 2x4's......and then after finishing the front I forget I was supposed to leave .5" on either side for the skin of the sides......should I take it apart in the next 5 minutes or just go with it.......blah

If it´s not going to ruin the skinning material go ahead, take it off. You can also buy some corner trim at HD Lowes if you need to hide the joining pieces.

Heh thanks but already way late on it. I took one look and gave a half-hearted attempt at removing the skin and became pretty evident it wasn't going to happen. So I weighted it down and moved along with the plans. So my stand will be .5" longer than planned...oh well.

I had a similar "Doh!" moment.

I built by canopy to exactly fit my 40g AGA breeder tank WITH a quarter inch open on each side so I could hang things off the tank (like a specimen box, frag rack, powerhead hanger, etc. Then I BROKE THE TANK. So I replaced it with an Oceanic 58g tank that has the same dimensions (WxL). BUT the Oceanic has trim that is 1/4" thicker than the AGA tank! So as it turned out, I was VERY LUCKY that I built in the extra space...but unlucky because the gap is now gone and I can't hang things on the tank rim!

V

Back