Our mission

Baby Banggai's

[quote author=Elite link=topic=6794.msg87776#msg87776 date=1236804579]
I thought it's not good to pair a bother and sister together.
[/quote]

You are technically right Phong. If that genetic line carries deleterious anomolies (birth defects, etc.) then pairing a brother and sister increases the chances of the offspring getting it. However, many times, breeders select for desirable traits by pairing close genetic relatives. :p

As Lyn posted earlier, I was interested in getting 2 from you if/when possible. I'm not sure if 10 were already named for others, but if you have 1 or 2 I would love to pick them up. Hoping to pair them up, but I have a second tank up and running in case things don't work out. Thanks.

Mitch

So, it seems like 2 for Mitch, 2 for Lyn and 6 for Anthony. I will do my best to not double up on siblings.

They don't school. :D

[quote author=Thales link=topic=6794.msg87829#msg87829 date=1236811619]
So, it seems like 2 for Mitch, 2 for Lyn and 6 for Anthony. I will do my best to not double up on siblings.

They don't school. :D
[/quote]

Thanks! :D Now, how do we get them from you?

[quote author=Gomer link=topic=6794.msg87834#msg87834 date=1236812167]
Thanks, but's ok lyn. Id rather there be more breeders. I'll see if I can get some from Tyler at some point.
[/quote]

Oh, you want a breeding pair...

[quote author=Lyn link=topic=6794.msg87837#msg87837 date=1236812880]
Rich,

Is there any sexual dimorphism as the Bangaiis reach maturity?
[/quote]

Not really. There are some signs people have said in the past but none have held up to scientific scrutiny.

Hah, Mike. Just get one of those fish griller things they sell @ ranch 99.

But for breeding purposes, Anthony (and/or Lyn to a smaller extent) you up for the possibility of swapping a banggai if my pair ends up not being a pair?

Lyn- I think you were gunning for them to pair up, but were you Anthony?

First off, Rich 'you da bomb 8)'
Mitch -
I am going to get six from Rich because I would love to be able to breed them. Nothing more rewarding than that, if you ask me! :) It sounds like the Bangaii's Rich is distributing are very small. I'm going to keep all of them in a tank and let them grow out; hopefully they pair off shortly after. Any "rejects" or "hopeless romantics" ;) I might consider trading away ... my only worry would be that I may be trading for some Bangaii's from the some original batch as the ones I am receiving.
But when the time comes, we'll see.
First we need to find out how exactly we're going to get these fish, and how much they are :)

Anthony, I will bring yours on sunday.

Everyone else, are you going to the BOD meeting. It looks like I am so I can bring them then.

They are free - if you wanna throw me a frag or two, I wouldn't turn them down.

[quote author=phishphood link=topic=6794.msg87963#msg87963 date=1236878876

But for breeding purposes, Anthony (and/or Lyn to a smaller extent) you up for the possibility of swapping a banggai if my pair ends up not being a pair?

Lyn- I think you were gunning for them to pair up, but were you Anthony?
[/quote]

Sure thing Phisphood. If they end up fighting, I'd be glad to switch fish. ;) It's not a guarantee that the new couples will be compatible though... we'll just have to hope for the best. (and have two tanks ready ;) )

[quote author=Thales link=topic=6794.msg87997#msg87997 date=1236886098]

Everyone else, are you going to the BOD meeting. It looks like I am so I can bring them then.

They are free - if you wanna throw me a frag or two, I wouldn't turn them down.
[/quote]

I'll be at the BOD. :)

Tuberider said he'd help me frag some LPS for DBTC program. Dont know if they'll be anything you'd like, but you are welcome to pick from them. I don't have many "fancy" corals, just what most already have. I could give you more snails though. :D BTW, What corals are you looking for?

Thanks again Rich. :D :D

P.S. I only want small fish. :) You don't happen to have more in your pocket somewhere do you? ;D

Rich, i would like to have a pair if the BOD meeting is on Saturday like it says on the main page. if it's on sunday I wont be able to make it.

Chris

Back