Neptune Aquatics

Baby Blackfoot Trochus Snails

[quote author=Ibn link=topic=4449.msg54271#msg54271 date=1220376390]
You should start a DBTC for these guys; I'll wait for 2nd gen.
[/quote]

Eric, its in the DBTC forum. haha.

long gone after i tore down the last setup :) i think i'll have some spawning happening soon. i see my trochus snails doing the same dance as before.

[quote author=Ibn link=topic=4449.msg54271#msg54271 date=1220376390]
Where are they at now, Sam? :D

Good to hear from you, Art. Sorry about those ventralis of your's but maybe it just wasn't meant to be. Let me know when you have time to do some shooting or planning anything.

You should start a DBTC for these guys; I'll wait for 2nd gen.
[/quote]

Must be the season. Mine spawned a few hundred as well. They're pinhead sized now but already have the distinctive purple striped shell.

ian: how many do you want?
pixel: same question ^

I'll start with these two first... and then I'll get to the rest of you as I find that I still have some available that are of decent size.

[quote author=kinetic link=topic=4449.msg54740#msg54740 date=1220947043]
ian: how many do you want?
pixel: same question ^

I'll start with these two first... and then I'll get to the rest of you as I find that I still have some available that are of decent size.
[/quote]

How many do you think I need to have a good chance of them breeding in my tank? Are snails hermaphroditic? I can't remember. If they are, then 2 or 3 would great. If not, maybe 5 so I have a fairly high probability of getting one of each sex? Is that too many?

Ian: Pixel: I'm going to grab about 5 for you guys, let me know when / where you want to pickup. Pixel: I can meet you near my office in emeryville sometime tomorrow or later this week.

Eric: I'll take a few shots for ya tonight. Doing anything Saturday? I wanna go shooting =)

Heading out of town this Saturday. Have to visit my grandma in the valley; she fell and broke a collarbone while visiting this past weekend.

Have any other free weekends?

Art, how would Thursday work? I just treated the tank for with flatworm exit today and I'd rather give it another day for the flatworm juice to clear out. Are they still in a separate clean pest-free tank? If so I think I'm going to live life on the edge and skip the QT with these guys.

Thanks!

Thursday will work. Send me a confirmation message tomorrow sometime just in case.

These guys are in a super clean tank. If you ever checked out my tank build, it was all dry rock, all clean mixed water from RO/DI, bare bottom, never even put macro (except one carefully treated strand of chaeto, that died because there was no nutrients in the tank).

So the only things in there are tigger pods and mysis shrimp that I ordered from a seahorse place... then a few snails that I introduced individually.

Hope that's pretty good for you =) QT anyway if you need!

[quote author=pixelpixi link=topic=4449.msg54928#msg54928 date=1221024780]
Art, how would Thursday work? I just treated the tank for with flatworm exit today and I'd rather give it another day for the flatworm juice to clear out. Are they still in a separate clean pest-free tank? If so I think I'm going to live life on the edge and skip the QT with these guys.

Thanks!

[/quote]

Sorry dropped the ball on this, got incredibly busy for a sec here at work.

If any of you guys want to pick some up, I'm going to be at home breaking down my frag tank most of saturday morning to early afternoon. (then off to the Chihuly exhibit at the deyoung). Let me know if you can come. Let's schedule it for like 2pm just to give a time.

Otherwise I can bring them to Emeryville with me one of the weekdays.

Back