Reef nutrition

Baby blue upper body acro

I have 3 frags of this acros available. I bought the original frag as "baby blue with purple tip acro" from Gabe (Jonovan02) a little more than a year ago, and never was able to get it to the color pattern he described. This is my most unpredicatble colored acro I have, and I did notice it shows different colors with different lightings and flow, including green, baby blue, and dark blue. The most stable colors I can get are baby blue upper body with deep blue polyps on the tips (and brownish lower body) under high light. I am really interested in seeing what kinds of color pattern it develops in others tank.

I can deliver to the next weekend's Bars meeting, or you are welcome to come to my house to pick up.

DBTC rules apply.

blueacro.jpg

Zepplock, meeting next week will be great. I don't think we met before, so please let me how to find you in the meeting.

One frag goes to Zepplock, and one frag goes to Northbay-reefer. One last frag left. My cell number is 408-666-8806. I will be at the meeting a few minutes earlier. Give me a call so I can find you there.

You got it, Perry. All 3 frags are spoken for (Zepplock, Northbay-reefer, and xinumaster), and I will bring the frags to BARS meeting this weekend.

[quote author=tonggao link=topic=2097.msg20700#msg20700 date=1180833761]
Zepplock, meeting next week will be great. I don't think we met before, so please let me how to find you in the meeting.
[/quote]

I'll shout my name loud ;-)
I'll wear a big hat.

All 3 frags are delivered. Please give the frag plenty of water flow, and update on what color it develops.

It was nice meeting you Zeeplock and Tom, even though I was looking for a guy with a big hat:).

Hi Tom, you might want to experiment with different lighting to see what colors you may get. I have a frag under medium high light, and it developed very green polyps near the base, and I used to see other colors such as pink and yellowish polyps on this coral. My original colony was under medium high lighting, and the upper body is baby blue with deep blue polyps. After I fragged up the whole colony, I placed it under very high lighting, and it turned quite blue for a while, but turned brown after that. Honestly, I do not get the hang of how to color this coral. Here is a pic of the partially fragged colony after it was placed at the corner of the tank for 1 week (after I accidentally broke the colony from the base), and it was more baby blue 1 week before this.

IMG_1163a-1.jpg

Tong, I picked up a frag of this at the swap but it doesn't look anything like this so I'm wondering if it was mislabeled or if it just needs more time to color up? I have up way high and in good flow.

babybluebodiedacro.jpg

Hi Levi, this is the same coral, and I had it at the back of my crowded frag tank without good lighting, therefore not colored up. I saw many different colors on this coral, but color shifts every time I move it. So you might want to try different location/lighting. This thing does encrust like nothing else. One of the frag encrusted the peg of the plug, with little light reaching there.

Back