Kessil

BABY RBTA Quadricolor

Hi Norm,

I like the way you think. You're dead on.

Susan, my wife, has enough interests, though, to keep her busy. For example when I dive, she brings a book and a beach chair and enjoys reading. It's great because it doesn't cost me anything more too . I think it's good we can enjoy our own hobbies.

Susan has been, indirectly, involved with my hobby for as long as we've been together (about 20 yrs.) Her major concern is that I give these critters the best possible care and keep them from dying. As a result "Sunshine," my Tang has been with us for almost 10 years, but I digress.

The point I want to get to is, which excites me, is that Susan is wanting to go to some of our club's events to meet folks who share the passion of reefing. This is, in part, because she wants to meet some folks that may become tank buddies for when we travel and such. I came close to dying, not from diving, but some freak illness that was supposed to kill me within 30 days if the treatment did not work. Needless to say 30 days have past and I am slowly responding to treatment. I should be able to be at full speed and diving by December 2009. YEA.

Susan is overwhelmed by what I need to do to keep my tanks going. She doesn't have the experience, time, strength, and the list goes on. By coming to meeting she feels she can get closer with my counterparts with the idea that she can get help from one / some of our members if my condition returns (which is a possibility)

I'll leave it at that for now, but want to reiterate " I like the way you think."

Nice meeting you. See you out there.

Happy reefing.
Joel

"Step away from the tank."

Wow... lots going on.

Glad you're hanging in there.

Well, you're in the right place as far as tank buddies and reef help.

Cyaz!

You get wegener's granulomatosis? Your story sounds similar to what my friend is going through right now.

Hi Erick,

What?

Wegemer's...?

Explain....

"I came close to dying, not from diving, but some freak illness that was supposed to kill me within 30 days if the treatment did not work. "

It sounded like wegener's granulomatosis, it is a disease that is uncommon and the treatment is harsh like chemo and a transfusion of some stuff that is supposed to be for aids patients. Up until some time in the 80's it was a fatal disease that you could die from in 30 days.

Hi Erick,

Oh. Now I understand. Sorry to hear about your friend. :(

Mine occurred from, sounds lame, a "spontaneous reaction" possibly sneezing too hard. It tore an artery in my head that feeds the brain.

I just got back from traveling in Budapest and made the observation. I told my doctor and they were amazed that I caught it, as it allowed them to make the diagnosis quickly. Turns out to be two conditions occurring simultaneously. If you're a doctor, I'll go into some of the detail in a PM. Otherwise, I'm on the mend.

I just started mountain bike riding again on Mount Montara. It felt great to get out, but I sort of over did it a bit.

Thanks for the clarification. I thought the condition you named was going to be a neurotic reefing disease or something made up and to lighten up the mood.

Enjoy the photos Parliament Bldg. and my other critter Sunny. He loves the mountain and is a good trail blazer too.

Thanks for your posts.

Joel

Attached files /attachments/sites/default/files/03-27-08_1039.jpg /attachments/sites/default/files/IMG_1580.JPG

Hi Patchin, AKA :quest:

Thanks for for reading and posting.

Yea. Sure is.

Hopefully this will resolve quickly and completly, as is has been cutting into my warm water diving time and somewhat other dangerous hobbies I have - like reefing. Just kidding (just about the reefing part).

I've been following some of your posts and threads, and have been enjoying your comments and insights.

I look forward to seeing you on the boards and in the field.

Happy reefing.

Best,
Joel

Attached files /attachments/sites/default/files/03-27-08_1040.jpg /attachments/sites/default/files/P2180082.JPG /attachments/sites/default/files/P2190160_2.JPG

Wow, you have been through some tough times. I'm glad that you are on the mend. BTW, I love your pictures. :)

I am hoping to get a tank buddies thread started, but was hoping to get it its own home so people wouldn't have to scour the boards to find it. Hopefully in the near future, we will have a way to contact fellow reefers living nearby to help us with our tanks. :)

Thank you Lyn for your post and the 411,

Glad to hear about the Tank buddy Forum: Loving it. Sounds great.

Yea, it's been such a great year for Susan and I: This was just a scary set back; but I should be 100% by year end.

Thanks for the post and letting me know you like my photos. It takes some effort to get them on the boards, so I'm glad people are enjoying them.

Best,
Joel

Back