Jestersix

Back from the dead...

Mr. Ugly

Past President
Both my tank and me.

Been away for a few years dealing with elder care. During that time, the tank went completely to hell due to lack of time and motivation.

I finally tore it all down towards the end of last year and started back up a smaller super low tech tank. No sump, no skimmer, no dosers or reactors; just a heater, a vortech, and water changes.

Posting to say hi and also to share a video of the mutant hybrid turbo conch that lurks in my tank.

He/she/it shares the tank with a non-mutant turbo snail, 3 tube anemones, a tiger tail cucumber, and a tiger conch.

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone.

Hope you all are doing well.

Robin, still clowning these days?

Boun, I may take you up on that. Staying with mostly softies. Have a couple brown leather frags and random zoas doing ok.

I used to have a lavender candy cane that I fragged out for swaps. If anyone knows of it still being around, that would be great. That was my first ever lps, and I wouldn't mind growing it again.

Snail's name... nothing so far. How about Kaiju? Need to remix that video with Godzilla sound effects.

Sorry on the prostrata, guys.

I'm starting from zero. I lost everything in the tank. At the very end it was a murky algae farm. I only kept the water circulating so I wouldn't have to deal with the stench of anaerobic decay.

Maybe some floating around with the Northbay guys or the folks that were in MARS? I used to frag a bunch for their get togethers.

No worries Norm, I'm not exactly one to get upset that I haven't gotten the corals back I had pre-crash of... crap I don't remember how long ago that was. But regardless I'm not yet in a comfortable spot with growing out SPS again, so no hurry on my part :D

iPhone pics of the current tank, 58 gallon ADA 120P.

0F8EA731-2877-4774-A6EE-47D4AA2A068A.jpeg

0502422B-DE74-4241-AB84-07937DF37FF2.jpeg

46667104-F968-4AFC-8934-83D8A7025622.jpeg

E1D7EDBC-67E2-45D5-8556-FFC29AD5E402.jpeg

Back