Banner

Discussion in 'General Club Business' started by LeviT, Jan 18, 2009.

1. LeviT

LeviT Guest

Tony and BOD. The polling we are doing for banners......... do we have a need for a color banner and mono banner? I'd have to say yes so do we want to stick to 1 for consistnacy? Just throwing it out there. I voted for a color one.... maybe if a color one is picked we should convert it to a mono format for shirts and stickers?

2. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

Stickers and t-shirts are independent of the poll right now. The Banner design is at the moment just for a physical banner to hang at events. Tim said he could print in color so color is an option as with B/W. Should we decide to try new stickers (besides the one Gresham made) or new shirts, then we can re-visit the designs :)

3. LeviT

LeviT Guest

Right, I just didn't want us to pick a logo that may not work for all our needs unless the BOD is happy with potentially having 2 totally different banners. Just trying to be thorough that's all.

4. drdoolittle

drdoolittle Guest

Those are nice designs. Kudos the guys that did it.

5. robert4025

robert4025 Sponsor

For the #7 banner, will there be a web link for the forum on there? I didn't see it in the design.

6. Roc

Roc Guest

the number 7 banner also has the words stock photo over the clown, is the artist able to replace that?

7. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

#7 is Erin's and is posted in the thread. Perhaps she can comment on the stockphoto watermark.

8. tuberider

tuberider Guest

I'd imagine Erin would remove it if that is what is decided on, if it wasn't removed I'd protest and change my vote for sure. Erin has the clubs best interest in mind not just her's, otherwise she wouldn't have been coerced into being on the BOD ;D

9. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

well..we did tell her that she could play with the BOD stash of c4 for coral fragging....

10. pixelpixi

pixelpixi Guest

I will absolutely clean up the image and provide a high resolution watermark free version if it's picked. I haven't done it yet since I didn't want to bother buying the stock photo and doing that work if we don't use it. It shouldn't take me long to do, though.

11. patchin

patchin Facilities / Event Coordinator

#6 looks like a possibility, but it's soooo hard to see. any way to make it bigger. We couldn't.

12. Roc

Roc Guest

[quote author=patchin link=topic=5964.msg75438#msg75438 date=1232335498]
    #6 looks like a possibility, but it's soooo hard to see. any way to make it bigger. We couldn't.
    [/quote]

I made that at work so not til tuesday could I make it bigger

13. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=5126.0;attach=2623 is much larger. Roc, feel free to supply a more appropriate sized banner to replace into the vote.

14. Euphyllia

Euphyllia Guest

I liked #7 & #8... Is it possible we could do #8 in a different shades of blue?

15. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

Colors will stay as is for this banner vote :)

16. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

[quote author=Euphyllia link=topic=5964.msg75444#msg75444 date=1232335944]
    I liked #7 & #8... Is it possible we could do #8 in a different shades of blue?
    [/quote]

8 is a vector file so it can be changed to any color, pattern, gradient, etc :) That is a beauty of using a vector over a picture banner :) It can even be made into a Favicon rather quickly ;)

17. Elite

Elite Guest

Hey guys, I think we should have the line "..For The Ethical Husbandry and Propagation of Marine Life.." in the banner. Would it be cool if we can have it on there???

18. patchin

patchin Facilities / Event Coordinator

I agree.

19. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

TimTen has the original file (sent via PM) if he hasn't printed it yet, it can be done. It also requires erin to re-upload a new image

20. Lyn

Lyn Guest

[quote author=Elite link=topic=5964.msg79142#msg79142 date=1233985958]
    Hey guys, I think we should have the line "..For The Ethical Husbandry and Propagation of Marine Life.." in the banner. Would it be cool if we can have it on there???
    [/quote][quote author=patchin link=topic=5964.msg79145#msg79145 date=1233986930]
    I agree.
    [/quote]

I third the motion. I was hoping it could be put on the logo too at the last vote, since it is one of the reasons why our club is distinguished from others.