Bar 1 day Conference?

Discussion in 'General Club Business' started by Tumbleweed, Oct 16, 2008.

1. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Guest

I was thinking that it might be nice to have a 1 day conference that is set up and done by the club. Have a couple of speakers come in and give presentations, have local shops and vendors there as well with booths to sell things and to show people what is out there. The annual frag swap is so much fun that I personally would like to see more large events for people to get together and share and learn.

2. xinumaster

xinumaster Guest

max is organizing one.

3. mark_s

mark_s Guest

Gresham just announced something very similar to what you are wanting. I'm not sure where its listed, but look up MAYCO (I think that is what he is calling it). First one is planned for this November.

4. mark_s

mark_s Guest

[quote author=xinumaster link=topic=4869.msg59347#msg59347 date=1224260035]
    max is organizing one.
    [/quote]LOL, yeah, that is the one I'm talking about. It will be next door to the Aquarium Showroom.

5. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

Sounds like we have a volunteer. All kidding aside we are always looking for ideas and people to help with them. I would suggest coming to a BOD meeting and putting something together if you are serious about an idea that you think might work for a meting. It is always good to get fresh new ideas. You should work with the VP who is in charge of meeting scheduling.

6. xinumaster

xinumaster Guest

[quote author=mark_s link=topic=4869.msg59348#msg59348 date=1224260080]
    Gresham just announced something very similar to what you are wanting. I'm not sure where its listed, but look up MAYCO (I think that is what he is calling it). First one is planned for this November.
    [/quote]

it is in this thread http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=4842.0

7. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Guest

oh jeremy. Seriously I have no problem coming up with a proposal to present to the BOD. I just always thought about how much fun the swaps are, and something like this could be very informative and fun.

8. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

[quote author=xinumaster link=topic=4869.msg59347#msg59347 date=1224260035]
    max is organizing one.
    [/quote]

Max and Gresham are organizing one called BAYMAC - Nov 23rd (sunday).

9. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Guest

Hey Gresham Is there any more info about this yet?

10. GreshamH

GreshamH Guest

I need to confirm al the clubs then I'll release more :) Should be by the end of the week :D

11. Tumbleweed

Tumbleweed Guest

Cool thanks Gresham