BAR 2018 Annual Regional Frag Swap

Discussion in 'Events & Announcements' started by Wlachnit, Aug 30, 2018.

By Wlachnit on Aug 30, 2018 at 6:05 PM
  1. Wlachnit

Wlachnit BOD

[​IMG]

We're excited to announce BAR's biggest event of the year, the annual Regional Frag Swap. – OCTOBER 20, 2018

This frag swap is open to everyone, in fact we will be encouraging people from throughout California to come swap frags.
    Details
    • Room Number: Room 722
    • Chabot College in Hayward, CA
    • Park in lot G (Which is the closest to Building 700)
    • Remember to bring $2 in change for parking
    Schedule
    • 10:30am Shopping Starts / Vendors Ready
    • 11:00am - 12:00pm Register for the Frag Swap (Get your picking Letter)
    • 12:30pm Start Frag Swap
    Requirements
    • Bring at least 3 different coral frags in their own clear plastic containers with lids.
    • Must be labeled with your username AND coral name AND lights used. You cannot swap if it doesn’t have this information.
    • We will be checking for unlabeled, mislabeled, sick, or dead coral.
    Cost
    • Pre-registration is $20
    • Registration is $30 at the door.
    • Send money to the club's paypal account at paypal@bareefers.org.
    • FREE for Spectators
    • The following corals cannot be used in frag swapping.
    • [​IMG] (click to enlarge)
    [​IMG]Food / Drinks
    • Food and drinks will be sold at the event
    Bonus Rounds
    • The bonus rounds are optional and consist of the first picking round of the swap.
    • Once you're done with the bonus round, you continue the regular swap.
    • If you want to do the bonus rounds, you need to bring at least 3 bonus corals or 1 ultra coral from the bonus round list to receive 1 Bonus Round Ticket.
    • You can receive as many Bonus Round Tickets as you want. (Example: Bringing 9 bonus round frags gives you 3 bonus round tickets)
      • The Bonus Coral list can be found HERE.
      • Bonus Corals strains can be repeated only ONCE.
        • Example: 1) Oompa Loompa Zoa, 2) Oompa Loompa Zoa, 3) Gold Hammer = OKAY
      • Ultra Corals strains can be repeated only ONCE.
      • 3 Bonus Corals = 1 Bonus Round Ticket or 1 Ultra Coral = 1 Bonus Round Ticket
    • READ THIS THREAD on bonus rounds before asking questions about it here.
    FRAG SWAP VENDORS ANNOUNCED
    • Coralicious Corals
    • Legendary Corals
    • Clearwater Aquarium
    Raffle Prizes
    • Neptune
    • Kessil
    • Reef Nutrition
    • Fritz
    • Clearwater
    • Coral Magazine
    • BRS
    • Bay Bridge

If you want to donate something for the raffle, visit this thread HERE

We also need a few volunteers as well. If you would like to volunteer, visit this thread HERE

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Events & Announcements' started by Wlachnit, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Wlachnit
      Wlachnit
      You should be fine.
      Coral reefer likes this.
    2. Baykes
      Baykes
      I don’t have access to the PayPal account so I have no way to know if yours went though. Looks like you sent it to the right account and if your PayPal account shows that you sent money to the clubs account you should be good to go. They will have a list of all the PayPal accounts that paid so you will still be fine if you did not type your username.
    3. Mozby
      Mozby
      All good. Just making sure. Thanks.
    4. MolaMola
      MolaMola
      Bldg 700 event center?
    5. MolaMola
      MolaMola
      FYI parking inflation- $3
    6. sfsuphysics
      sfsuphysics
      Will my ccsf parking pass work? I mean it is CALIFORNIA community colleges :)
    7. Wlachnit
      Wlachnit
      No idea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    8. Flagg37
      Flagg37
      Checking in from Colorado. How’s the swap going?
    9. ashburn2k
      ashburn2k
      It’s just you and me on the forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    10. MolaMola
      MolaMola
      Lol. You guys are funny. Wish you were here... good to see people and get some frags
    11. MolaMola
      MolaMola
      Will is emcee. Auction had some amazing corals and people got screaming deals. (I think auction prices are in direct proportion to alcohol consumption, and this was a dry event). We ate pizza. 3 coral vendors and kimmie’s clownfish and jester 6. Nice people. Good way to spend a Saturday
      JVU and Coral reefer like this.
    12. Flagg37
      Flagg37
      Maybe next time it can be held somewhere where it can be appropriately a wet event. Sounds like it could be fun.
    13. MolaMola
      MolaMola
      Thanks for a fun swap! Nice raffle items. I think people liked having vendors (no idea how much business they did and if they were pleased). I heard some first-timers had a great time. I got some new frags except a cool red sponge I bought from a vendor did not come in a tip-proof container and apparently tipped during the car ride home and was completely dry. Haha - had a separate birdsnest section this time and I think almost none was there this time. Funny what frags show up in waves.
    14. sfsuphysics
      sfsuphysics
      As a frag pick area police officer (geeze what happened to Bruce and Mike who were scheduled to do it? :D) I do not want a "wet" event, don't know who are the angry drunks.
      iCon likes this.
    15. Vhuang168
      Vhuang168
      Glad to hear that you guys had a good swap!

Bummed I couldn’t make it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    16. JVU
      JVU
      Friends don’t let friends pick out coral drunk :)
    17. sfsuphysics
      sfsuphysics
      Out of curiosity how many swappers did we actually have? I'm trying to do some mathematical analytics on the swap (everyone loves those!) and kind of hard to do without knowing how many people actually swapped.
    18. Coral reefer
    19. sfsuphysics
      sfsuphysics
      Hmm, so on average people brought about 4.5 corals each. Bonus/ultra corals were not meant to be applied to the "3 different species" requirement were they?
    20. JVU
      JVU
      I think bonus/ultra do count towards the 3 minimum.

I’m kind of dismayed if that is the average number of corals brought since I know quite a few people brought WAY more than 3, so that means a large majority of people brought exactly 3.
      iCon likes this.