BAR 2018 Annual Regional Frag Swap

Discussion in 'Events & Announcements' started by Wlachnit, Aug 30, 2018.

By Wlachnit on Aug 30, 2018 at 6:05 PM
  1. Wlachnit

Wlachnit Vice President

[​IMG]

We're excited to announce BAR's biggest event of the year, the annual Regional Frag Swap. – OCTOBER 20, 2018

This frag swap is open to everyone, in fact we will be encouraging people from throughout California to come swap frags.
    Details
    • Room Number: Room 722
    • Chabot College in Hayward, CA
    • Park in lot G (Which is the closest to Building 700)
    • Remember to bring $2 in change for parking
    Schedule
    • 10:30am Shopping Starts / Vendors Ready
    • 11:00am - 12:00pm Register for the Frag Swap (Get your picking Letter)
    • 12:30pm Start Frag Swap
    Requirements
    • Bring at least 3 different coral frags in their own clear plastic containers with lids.
    • Must be labeled with your username AND coral name AND lights used. You cannot swap if it doesn’t have this information.
    • We will be checking for unlabeled, mislabeled, sick, or dead coral.
    Cost
    • Pre-registration is $20
    • Registration is $30 at the door.
    • Send money to the club's paypal account at paypal@bareefers.org.
    • FREE for Spectators
    • The following corals cannot be used in frag swapping.
    • [​IMG] (click to enlarge)
    [​IMG]Food / Drinks
    • Food and drinks will be sold at the event
    Bonus Rounds
    • The bonus rounds are optional and consist of the first picking round of the swap.
    • Once you're done with the bonus round, you continue the regular swap.
    • If you want to do the bonus rounds, you need to bring at least 3 bonus corals or 1 ultra coral from the bonus round list to receive 1 Bonus Round Ticket.
    • You can receive as many Bonus Round Tickets as you want. (Example: Bringing 9 bonus round frags gives you 3 bonus round tickets)
      • The Bonus Coral list can be found HERE.
      • Bonus Corals strains can be repeated only ONCE.
        • Example: 1) Oompa Loompa Zoa, 2) Oompa Loompa Zoa, 3) Gold Hammer = OKAY
      • Ultra Corals strains can be repeated only ONCE.
      • 3 Bonus Corals = 1 Bonus Round Ticket or 1 Ultra Coral = 1 Bonus Round Ticket
    • READ THIS THREAD on bonus rounds before asking questions about it here.
    FRAG SWAP VENDORS ANNOUNCED
    • Coralicious Corals
    • Legendary Corals
    • Clearwater Aquarium
    Raffle Prizes
    • Neptune
    • Kessil
    • Reef Nutrition
    • Fritz
    • Clearwater
    • Coral Magazine
    • BRS
    • Bay Bridge

If you want to donate something for the raffle, visit this thread HERE

We also need a few volunteers as well. If you would like to volunteer, visit this thread HERE

Last edited: Oct 13, 2018 at 5:16 AM
Tags: this article has not been tagged

Comments

Discussion in 'Events & Announcements' started by Wlachnit, Aug 30, 2018.

1. Flagg37
      Flagg37
      What about that guy Tim (I think that’s his name) that has all those acros and comes to the Bay Area periodically? Do you think he’d be interested?
    2. Bruce Spiegelman
      Bruce Spiegelman
      Tim Plaza. Doubt he'd be interested, but we can ask.
    3. Bruce Spiegelman
      Bruce Spiegelman
      The other question with sellers there is do we allow "frag swap packs" to be sold? There's some members against this (@Coral reefer ) in theory.
    4. tankguy
      tankguy
      I like Your Reef in Roseville
    5. Coral reefer
      Coral reefer
      I am against it. I much prefer people to bring their own captivelt propagated corals. I feel adamant about this for the members swap, but only strongly about it for the regional swap.
    6. Bruce Spiegelman
      Bruce Spiegelman
      Probably not good timing for Jon at Your Reef. He had a large set-up at Macna and was already worried about not having enough stock for ReP in early October. Plus he's probably still hung over from Vegas.
    7. sfsuphysics
      sfsuphysics
      Wonder how he did at MACNA, I did a double take when I saw his booth, not only that it was a double wide booth area.
    8. Bruce Spiegelman
      Bruce Spiegelman
      I wondered that too. Not the size so much, but how many people would buy mass frags at buy 9 get 6 free, etc to take home long distance.
    9. sfsuphysics
      sfsuphysics
      Well it's a good market to have, not everyone can have <insert farmer name> <insert ironic/hipster common name> Acro for sale where if sell a handful of frags your booth is paid for. Besides at $1400 for the smallest/cheapest boost size you need to sell a lot of product to make it worth it, ignoring of course the advertising that it gives your company where now people might be "heck I'll order from them now"
    10. tankguy
      tankguy
      Hopefully they did well down there. I just liked them because they were very easy to deal with and overall just nice people. I’m sure whoever we get will be good enough. I do like the idea of getting our newer sponsor a chance to come up
    11. Apon
      Apon
      how about jestersix?
    12. Apon
      Apon
      also most vendors would probably want to know how many people we are expecting at the swap. Do we have many people paying yet? probably need to post on RC and on Mars and others clubs?
    13. Wlachnit
      Wlachnit
      Posted on RC Bay Area and MARS last week. I've been telling vendors ~60 people...given that we had ~50 at our Member swap earlier this year.
    14. Bruce Spiegelman
      Bruce Spiegelman
      Talked to Tim Plaza today. He's to lazy to do set-ups. :)
      Shall I talk to others?
    15. Coral reefer
      Coral reefer
      I'd say sure. Why not?
    16. Bruce Spiegelman
      Bruce Spiegelman
      I never want to step on anyone's toes.
    17. Wlachnit
      Wlachnit
      Bruce,
      That would be great. I have already reached out to Ed at Clearwater (still waitin to hear back), Darwin at Legendary (happy to do it), and Jon at YourReef (can't do it due to bandwidth right now).
    18. Wlachnit
      Wlachnit
      I also expected Tim to say no. It's too bad. He's got great corals and I've had good success with the frags I've gotten from him. And, it seems that everytime he swings by for the last few months...I'm always outa town :(
    19. Bruce Spiegelman
      Bruce Spiegelman
      I'm grabbing a frag or two from him on Friday. If you can't meet up with him I can grab yours.
    20. Coral2Coral
      Coral2Coral
      Hey Bruce, Is Alexander Whedbee with Coralicous at the last coral farmer event?