Our mission

BAR 2018 Annual Regional Frag Swap

I don't have an exact dollar amount. But I think the difference between a member and non-member price should be enough that it may entice non-members to join. At the same time members would be getting a benefit from "their" club.
In the past we have offered discounts for membership of bar, or other local clubs. Do you think only bar should get a discount, or any local club members?

In the past we have offered discounts for membership of bar, or other local clubs. Do you think only bar should get a discount, or any local club members?
Think the price is fine for members of this or other clubs, maybe bump the price for someone not affiliated with any club by 10 bucks. that way club still makes its money it would have and there is some perceived value for being part of a club

Just taking a stab at it.....How about $15 pre-reg and $25 at the door for members?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This is an answer to my first question to you awhile back, thanks you! Do you say $15 and $25 because they are less than what's been posted, or because that's a value that seems fair or attractive to you?

This is an answer to my first question to you awhile back, thanks you! Do you say $15 and $25 because they are less than what's been posted, or because that's a value that seems fair or attractive to you?

Neither, actually. This was in response to Mark suggesting that there should be a pricing difference between members and non members, which I thought was a great idea. Great because members feel like they get a perk, the club still gets funding and non members might feel incentivized to sign up. Win-win.

As for the amounts, I just tried to come up with a reasonable “discount” that’s not too much and not too little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What's missing from the discussion is really about what the club needs to cover the expenses of the event and also cover expenses throughout the year for member events. Just throwing out numbers without understanding this is not useful.

After it's determined how much money needs to be raised from the event, you guys can debate to your hearts' content about what members and non-members pay.

What's missing from the discussion is really about what the club needs to cover the expenses of the event and also cover expenses throughout the year for member events. Just throwing out numbers without understanding this is not useful.

After it's determined how much money needs to be raised from the event, you guys can debate to your hearts' content about what members and non-members pay.
This is why the $20 and $30 were chosen. I just like to hear what people think about stuff.

Also keep in mind that all BOD is a non paying job. We do it for the love of the hobby and the club. It does cost money for the website , yearly events etc. We all know life in the Bay Area is going up by the day

Just to give everyone a bit more visibility and information on how we came up with the fees for the swap, the cost of room rental has increased over previous years. 5 years ago we were able to rent most facilities for zero dollars or minimal clean up fee. Today the cost of rental is nearly $800. What has happened over the years most schools, parks & recreation departments have seen their budgets cut so therefor they are now charging to rent their facilities. In recommending what fees we need charged that allows the club to break even or hopefully generate revenue to off set our general club expenses, a recommendation of $20 and $30 was made to the BoD.

Cool so I guess someone will need to update the post. Also Will, I am not sure if Steve is still around, but he used to know where everything was in the room and had keys to get extra table and chairs and such. Not sure who will be able to get that info/access any longer. All Logistics stuff that we can't assume will be easy if Steve is gone,

Alrighty I was throwing food into the cess pool of a pond I have, and noticed another species of mushrooms still hanging on between some aiptasia who widdled their numbers down, so between those, my super awesome Reef Herpes rhodactis mushrooms, aiptasia counts as a coral right? ok fine rose bubble tips. I think I have my 3 unique species. I'm coming for your soft things!! (and I paid my $20 so you have to take me!)

Everything is currently in an aiptasia free zone though, so no hitchhikers find their way around the club.

Back