Reef nutrition

BAR April 11th Meeting featuring Charles Delbeek

[quote author=reefermadness link=topic=6537.msg84362#msg84362 date=1235551575]
you accept dues at the event right? i gotta do that, but i dont believe in bank accounts, so no paypal.
[/quote]

Nope. You can find someone to paypal for you if you give them the cash.

[quote author=reefermadness link=topic=6537.msg84379#msg84379 date=1235565100]
isnt the 11th of april easter weekend?
[/quote]
Beats me. I don't celebrate Easter. Isn't that a thing that happens on Sunday anyway?

Yes it falls on Easter weekend, like the swap fell on valentines day, and like the BACFM fell on Mother's Day. Sometimes things work out that way.

I'm certain though the almighty would be happy with people going to listen to Charles speak about his wonderful creatures.

Jeremy James still does the circuit but like most he's a professor so he'll have to schedule it in advance. Let me know, I'll help you out with that one :) Paul Whitby would be insane as well. I really want him to to his Aquascaping presentation at either a BAR meeting or at BAYMAC (he's speaking at IMACwest as well).

I saw Charles speak many years ago and it has stuck in my memory since. He's a great public speaker IMO/IME>

[quote author=Thales link=topic=6537.msg84381#msg84381 date=1235567397]
[quote author=reefermadness link=topic=6537.msg84379#msg84379 date=1235565100]
isnt the 11th of april easter weekend?
[/quote]
Beats me. I don't celebrate Easter. Isn't that a thing that happens on Sunday anyway?
[/quote]

Isn't it a couple days? good friday, Ash Wednesday, etc? I only celebrated it while in school as it always meant two things..candy and time off :)

Recovering Catholic here:

Ash Wednesday is today beginning Lent, Last Sunday was Palm Sunday.

The days before the meeting you have Holy Thursday and Good Friday followed by Easter Sunday.

I can't ever remember Saturday being a big religious day as it was the "waiting day"

See I did learn something from 12 years of Catholic school.

[quote author=GreshamH link=topic=6537.msg84608#msg84608 date=1235607084]
Jeremy James still does the circuit but like most he's a professor so he'll have to schedule it in advance. Let me know, I'll help you out with that one :) Paul Whitby would be insane as well. I really want him to to his Aquascaping presentation at either a BAR meeting or at BAYMAC (he's speaking at IMACwest as well).

I saw Charles speak many years ago and it has stuck in my memory since. He's a great public speaker IMO/IME>
[/quote]

Paul is in the mix for this year, we just need to figure out Oct or Dec, most likely Oct. I'll contact you soon on James, it may need to be in '10, I'm cool with that.

I walked into Happy Taco at 9:00 last night and all of the staff and patrons looked like they got hit in the head with briquettes, I was the odd man out there. I felt like I needed to order some cabeza or tripas to fit in.

But you didn't get the tripas or cabeza and they all watched you leave as well?

It didn't even dawn on you to check to see if you where wearing pants? :D

Happy Taco is one of those places where they watch you come in and leave, they say WTF is a gringo coming in here for, they all go to crappy Tres Amigos.

Wait, did I have pants on? ???

Is HP the one more north then the Gringo place? The one I like to go to?

It's in the shopping center at the corner of 92 and Highway 1, there's a Rite Aid, expensive ass New Leaf market, Peets coffee. It's on the Rite Aid side next to Maria's music and Procopio's Fashions. I can't say enough good things about it :)

Back