BAR Event - How to Get the Most out of your Apex - Apr 20

Discussion in 'Events & Announcements' started by Wlachnit, Feb 24, 2019.

By Wlachnit on Feb 24, 2019 at 5:29 PM
  1. Wlachnit

Wlachnit BOD

Vincent @Vhuang168 has volunteered to teach us how to get the most out of our Apex.

Please reply if you will attend and let us know here as to what topics you would like to see covered.

5298 Rancho Del Norte Dr
    Fremont, CA 94555

Event time
    10am-12pm

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 12, 2019
    JGO66, Baykes, glee and 1 other person like this.
Tags: this article has not been tagged
?

Will you attend

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. Maybe

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  3. No

8 vote(s)
    32.0%

Comments

Discussion in 'Events & Announcements' started by Wlachnit, Feb 24, 2019.

1. MolaMola
      MolaMola
      Excited because I missed the last Apex workshop! Pretty sure I can make it, though need to check with family as the date gets closer about Easter the following day.
      So far, topics I am interested in are: physically adding modules for another tank and the programming, power usage monitor, light monitor module. Maybe the Alexa integration. And Trident (heh heh). My Apex is NOT wifi and I cannot use wifi at the location of my tanks, so I hope this applies to Apex Classic, too.
    2. grizfyrfyter
      grizfyrfyter
      I used a wifi extender to connect my apex classic, it was worth the $30
    3. MolaMola
      MolaMola
      @grizfyrfyter The wifi extender connects to existing wifi, right? That's my issue - school district does not allow anything to connect to new wifi. I have Apex on ethernet because someone in tech dept has a reef tank and helped me - so lucky. Still have two small tanks without new lights running because can't use Bluefish controller and have to switch to Storm but got stuck.
      grizfyrfyter likes this.
    4. robert_melton88
      robert_melton88
      I would be interested, hopefully that date works out for me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    5. Mozby
      Mozby
      Hey thats my bday lol. Question: Would this workshop be useful for someone who has never used apex? I will be setting one up for my new build but not sure if this workshop is catered to more intermediate or advanced users.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    6. musclebenz
    7. xcaret
      xcaret
      I think you should sign up for this; depending on what’s written on the calendar on the kitchen wall, I might be there.
      Mozby likes this.
    8. Wlachnit
      Wlachnit
      That's why we are asking the members here....to see what they want to learn. If you plan on using Apex, then I would attend if I were you.
    9. Vhuang168
      Vhuang168
      It’s up to you guys on what you want to learn. I will try to cover a little bit of everything or an in depth of a few things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    10. scuba71
      scuba71
      I know I am way under utilizing my apex. Would love to learn more.
    11. sfsuphysics
      sfsuphysics
      Out of curiosity, where would said Apex talk happen?
    12. Jeff Rehling
      Jeff Rehling
      i was trying to follow Terrance's instructions on downloading the Dolphin browser for the fire tablet but couldn't work it out.
    13. grizfyrfyter
      grizfyrfyter
      I think Amazon blocked the dolphin browser.

I recently reset my fire tablet because the wifi wouldn't connect. I had to download the apk for an older version of dolphin. I don't remember where I got the apk or what version I'm running but I'll see if I can find it later today.
    14. Mozby
      Mozby
      Point taken, I put myself down as a maybe in case I go out of town for my bday. Thanks!
    15. Wlachnit
      Wlachnit
      I just updated the top post.

Phuong @roostertech Community Space
      5298 Rancho Del Norte Dr
      Fremont, CA 94555
      cdhappy likes this.
    16. Jeff Rehling
      Jeff Rehling
      yes please do. I have a couple Fire tablets, but don't want to invest in an iPad to run fusion. I do have an older iPad and presume fusion would run just fine on that?
    17. Jeff Rehling
      Jeff Rehling
      i had that problem with my AI prime light. couldn't keep it connected to the wifi
    18. grizfyrfyter
      grizfyrfyter
      I have a 1st Gen iPad that I can't get to run the fusion website in safari or chrome. I haven't messed with it much though.
    19. Apon
      Apon
      Hmmm......maybe time to open mine.:rolleyes: