BAR facebook page

Discussion in 'Website' started by Thales, Dec 17, 2014.

1. Thales

Thales Past President

There is a guy spamming the BAR facebook page to buy fish wholesale from distributers and suppliers. This seems to be exactly what BAR was established to prevent. Is the guy even a BAR member? Should I just leave the BAR FB group?

2. tankguy

tankguy Vice President

I see that dude everywhere on FB

3. HiFidelity

HiFidelity Guest

"SF Bay Area Reefers (Buy-Sale-Trade-Discussion)" is this group us?

4. denzil

denzil Webmaster

And this is why we can't have nice things.

We could just close the group entirely as we have a FB page anyway. Thoughts?

5. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Is "Bay Area Reefers" a trademarked (or some other legally we own the rights to) type of name?

6. Nav

Nav Director of Marketing & Photography

We need to decide between a "Page" & "Group".

Page: more outbound marketing. Only expect comments from visitors.

Group: like another forum, people can post anything and discuss.

Since I heard a lot in the other thread that our forum is primary, I think we can bring down the "Group" and stay more active on our "Page".

I'll post some more thoughts on the other thread soon.

7. denzil

denzil Webmaster

I tend to agree more with only having a page and not a group. If possible, we don't want to divert activity away from our forum where the most important discussions are. Most of the time those groups just have postings of people selling corals or livestock.

8. neuro

neuro Webmaster

9. HiFidelity

HiFidelity Guest

since we're a registered non profit, we can have fb remove other groups that use our name, only fair in my opinion.

neuro likes this.
  10. HiFidelity

HiFidelity Guest

neuro likes this.
  11. denzil

denzil Webmaster

To be clear, that link you provided @neuro is our page. I have since removed the Facebook group and we only have a Facebook page now.