BAR Group Buy for ExoticReefs.us

Discussion in 'Group Buys' started by bareefers, Apr 24, 2006.

1. bareefers

bareefers BOD

Fellow BAR member, I've asked John if we could do a group buy and he has posted a link for us.

Bar Group Buy

I would like to know how many of us are jumping in to the wagon and we can get this started.

TIA.

2. Elite

Elite Guest

I need the reactor.. Can he get that too ??

3. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Anyone have any words on those Reflux bulbs? I'm nearing the time when I'll need to replace.

4. bareefers

bareefers BOD

I'm not sure on those, I'll check with John.

5. Elite

Elite Guest

I like it. The color is great :). It's not yellow like the XM bulb. I use it with the Coralvue ballast. Different ballast might give you different color.

6. Raddogz

Raddogz Guest

I have seen them, and they're really nice.

7. sfsuphysics

So is Reeflux the brand name? Doesn't seem to be on Sanjay's lighting page.. *pout*... but I could probably use 2 of them, a 10k & 12k

8. Elite

Elite Guest

Reeflux is the new Coralvue bulb.

9. magma01

magma01 Guest

Coralvue is the brand. Reeflux is a "type" of bulb form Coralvue. There is big thread on the SPS forum on RC about this bulb.
    http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=622727

Short summary of that thread is that it got a lot of rave reviews and alot of people started trying them out. More recently though alot of people are having problems with them. They have problem getting consistent color from the bulbs, problem with pink hue. Coralvue was willing to send out replacements for those people though.

10. sfsuphysics

hmmm maybe I need to do a bit more research before I go "oooh cheap bulb" :)

11. Elite

Elite Guest

They ain't cheap. They cost almost the same as the XM. If you don't have problem with color, go with XM. I think XM is much better bulb.

12. sfsuphysics

well I have had XM 10kK bulbs before and they are a bit yellow for my tastes, although very high in the PAR department. Although on my current setup I have 2-175w bulbs next to each other on one 2 ft section of the tank (for the more light intensive stuff), a 10kK XM & 14kK Ham, and the color is whiter than white, I love it. I realize the Hams are not the best bulb as far as par output, but that combo is awesome.

Of course I might just upgrade to 250w bulbs if I ever get off my butt and fabricate a quasi-luminarc.

13. dswong01

dswong01 Supporting Member

Mike
    I am using the reelux 12k 250 Watts and I am happy with them . I was using XM 10K and they were yellow.

14. dswong01

dswong01 Supporting Member

15. bareefers

bareefers BOD

Phong, are you looking into getting a calcium reactor or something basic like a phosphate reactor? I'm assuming that you're looking for the phosphate reactor.

Correct me if I'm wrong.

FYI guys:

John is also giving 10% discounts on aqua cultured and 20% on wild corals. Thought you'd like - in case you were wondering.

16. bareefers

bareefers BOD

Dang it, forgot to log in - sorry for the above post under the guest account.

17. Elite

Elite Guest

Phosphate reactor :) .. Does John have an acct on here?? Maybe he can answer our question directly so you don't have to keep emailing him. :)

18. bareefers

bareefers BOD

I dunno if this works but I just registered and still needs to be approved by admin.

I don't currently have a source for the phosphate reactor. I do have a used FR616 if anyone is interested in that. It's made for large systems.

19. capescuba

capescuba Supporting Member

Your account was just approved so you can now log in correctly :)

20. sfsuphysics

Well Alvin you're in SF right? Let me know when you get this going I probably could go for a couple bulbs, just with the cost of gas what it is it makes driving to anyplace outside of SF not worth any potential savings on shipping.