Bar had a photo taking workshop?

Discussion in 'Wouldn't it be good if...?' started by monkeybiz, Jun 25, 2013.

1. monkeybiz

monkeybiz Guest

Got some great advice from RichieT on general shooting tips for dslr users, but think it would be awesome if there was a work shop where people who have cameras with abilities far beyond our own capabilities could bring in our own equipment and get some tips on taking better pictures.

2. gimmito

gimmito Supporting Member

Unfortunately. ...you missed a good one.

http://www.bareefers.org/home/node/15476

3. monkeybiz

monkeybiz Guest

doh... online research it is then. haha

4. Wouldn't it be great if RichieT and other advanced photographers could put their heads together to throw a seminar for the rest of us amateurs? :D We have so much talent in the club, let's spread the knowledge!

5. rygh

rygh Supporting Member

I was just thinking I would buy a few cases of beer/wine/whatever and bribe them to take pictures of my tank for me.
    :)

Seminar would be great, and some of the tips given on various threads have been really helpful.
    But there is a problem : Not all of us have cameras capable of serious pictures.
    :Sp
    But besides complaining, I was thinking if we do that, perhaps we could also have tips/tricks for
    people with point/shoot or iPhones.

6. gimmito

Where' s Art when you need him ?

7. BAYMAC

BAYMAC Guest

Isn't he now married with a kid and basically out of the hobby?

8. gimmito

I don't know...last I heard he was in Hawaii taking some sweet pics on his iphone.

9. RichieT

RichieT Guest

I'd be down to give it a shot if people are really interested.

10. denzil

denzil Webmaster

I'm not an advanced photographer but I could certainly be a helper with the basic concepts of using cameras and composition.

11. Reef Keeper

Reef Keeper Guest

I'd like to revisit this topic. I'd love to learn how to photograph my critters better too.