Jestersix

BAR help at BAYMAC

Help your club at BAYMAC. This is a good opportunity to help your club and meet fellow BAR members while enjoying a fun event.

What we need-

Help at the BAR booth we need at least two people at one time. One person must have a coral ID skills and one must be able to count and make change, ideally we have one more to place corals in containers, although it's really not critical to have the third person.

We need an empty aquarium to sell corals from 40g breeder is preferred, but other sizes can be acceptable, let us know what you have.

All proceeds from frag sales go to BAR, it is a very good event for us to support not only for us but for the entire reefing community. Let me know either in this thread or via pm what you can help with TIA!

Hope you don't mind Jeremy, I was going to post the same type of call to all reef clubs. BAYMAC will also need some volunteers to help with raffle sales and to hand out bags to people that come in the door. Those that volunteer for BAYMAC + BAR will receive a 16oz bottle of any Reef Nutrition product.

A tank and stand, right Jeremy? A 40g is too heavy for most collapsible tables. A frag flat is what most use at these type of events. 12" or so deep. 36'x24 or 36x18 seems to be the preferred size. Black bottom really helps show of the corals colors. Most like having overflows (sump or in tank) to allow the water line to remain constant. IMO/IME a sump really helps as it'll give you a place to put stuff on hold, or your stuff :p

G- We were not planning on having a full tank and I have a couple of extra HOB skimmers we can use to strip out the slime goo. We'll bring extra water and top off as we go along I'd imagine and I'll try and score a piece of black ABS for the bottom once we know what size tank we are using. Last year seemed to work out fine with a much simpler setup.

Robert, we may take you up on that offer, I was looking at those tanks the other day and was thinking about BAYMAC :) Thanks for the offer.

Cool. Adolfo is going to take one for NCRC club booth so if you want, I can ask him to bring the 2nd one for BAR. Keep me posted and let me know if there's anything else we can help out with as far as things.

tuberider, What time frames do you have in mind? I can volunteer an hour or two at the BAR table.

BTW My coral ID skills are weak but I can count!

Jimmy

Cool Jimmy! So far the plate is pretty wide open, we have a few folks who've volunteered, but I want to keep it so people can enjoy the event.

What time are you available?

I don't think I have time to come to BAYMAC but I have a 40G breeder tank also. I can also let you guy borrow my Tunze skimmer and biowheel filter to run carbon. I also have a K4 that we can use. LMK and I can drop them off at the location and pick up after you guys are done.

If we use the same table last year, it will be fine. We used a 40G breeder last year and it held it fine. Remember to bring some hot water guys. The water was so cold last year. It took like 1-2 hours to heat up the tank.

I can also help for an hr. or two also. My coral ID skills are so-so but the other tasks are no prob. I can be there at the beginner or a little before if needed.

I can help anytime from midday to closing. Let me know what shift you'd like me to take. Minimal IDing ,but I can read a piece of paper if you have things IDed, and I can do anything else. :)

Elite said:
I don't think I have time to come to BAYMAC but I have a 40G breeder tank also. I can also let you guy borrow my Tunze skimmer and biowheel filter to run carbon. I also have a K4 that we can use. LMK and I can drop them off at the location and pick up after you guys are done.

If we use the same table last year, it will be fine. We used a 40G breeder last year and it held it fine. Remember to bring some hot water guys. The water was so cold last year. It took like 1-2 hours to heat up the tank.

All clubs (and vendros) have been asked to supply everything themselves...table included.

Max will start heating the water a couple days prior. I learn from my mistakes :p

GreshamH said:
A tank and stand, right Jeremy?

Wait, I am confused now. We need to bring a table as we are to supply everything ourselves except water or the table is included and we don't need to bring it, or do we need to bring both water and a table?

To make it super clear:

I supply water, electricity and an event for you to sell club corals at.

You supply everything else. This was explained in an email you did not get (Jeremy is my BAR contact).

Back