Our mission

BAR help at BAYMAC

Guys I just found out two bad things...NO PA and NO projector/screen. I think I can grab one of our Projectors at Reed but we have no screens nor any PA. Any chance anyone has a PA they could bring for the Guest Speakers and Raffle?

I'll be on the road @ 6:30 so I'll check then and when I hit the venue at 8:30.

Sorry this is so late Eric, but I will not be there until noonish. Please exchange my doorprize time with someone later. Sorry for the inconvenience. :(

No worries on manning the door....no one signed up from all 6 clubs so I killed the door prize option this year and will simply give them away to people through out the day. I think the speakers will just give it away after their talks :)

GreshamH said:
Guys I just found out two bad things...NO PA and NO projector/screen. I think I can grab one of our Projectors at Reed but we have no screens nor any PA. Any chance anyone has a PA they could bring for the Guest Speakers and Raffle?

I think Seminolecpa has our PA, but it may not have a mic. I've sent him a message to bring it.

Sorry to hear that you won't be able to make it jeremys, but thanks for the donation. Same applies to you, CookieJar.

No problem, Jeremy. Being busy in this kind of economy isn't a bad thing at all.

Here are the final assignments:

9:00-10 AM --> setup - dswong01, yardartist, tuberider, seminolecpa, jds, Jbon, DurTBear, Ibn

10:30 - 12:30 --> shift 1 (3 minimum: ID'er, cashier, bagger) - dswong01 (ID'er), jds, Jbon (backups: tuberider, seminolecpa, anyone else who signed up who's available or anyone who didn't sign up but would like to help)

12:30 - 2:30 --> shift 2 (3 minimum: ID'er, cashier, bagger) - tuberider (ID'er), jimmyc, DurTBear (backups: seminolecpa, anyone else who signed up who's available or anyone who didn't sign up but would like to help)

2:30 - 4:30 --> shift 3 (3 minimum: ID'er, cashier, bagger) - Apon (ID'er), Rays, Lyn (backups: tuberider, seminolecpa, anyone else who signed up who's available or anyone who didn't sign up but would like to help)

4:30 - 5:30 --> shift 4 (3 minimum: ID'er, cashier, bagger) - sfsuphysics (ID'er), yardartist, jeepboy_90 (backups: seminolecpa, anyone else who signed up who's available or anyone who didn't sign up but would like to help)

5:30 - TBD --> clean up - (seminolecpa...) - Rays, Lyn, yardartist, jeepboy_90, Apon (anyone else who signed up who's available or anyone who didn't sign up but would like to help)

Raffles --> (2-4 req.)
10:30 - 12 Rays & Lyn (anyone else who signed up who's available or anyone who didn't sign up but would like to help)
12:30 - 2 yardartist & Apon badbread (anyone else who signed up who's available or anyone who didn't sign up but would like to help)
2-3:30 LordHelmet & xinumaster (anyone else who signed up who's available or anyone who didn't sign up but would like to help)
3:30 -- TBD Apon Ibn & seminolecpa (anyone else who signed up who's available or anyone who didn't sign up but would like to help)

So far those who have volunteered:
1. jimmyc (12-2; 1-3) - check
2. dswong01 (can help setup) - check
3. Cookiejar (possible ID'er)
4. LordHelmet (so so ID'er)
5. xinumaster
6. Lyn (midday to closing) - check
7. sfsuphysics (possible ID'er) - check
8. patchins
9. Rays - check
10. yardartist (setup and throughout day) - check
11. Ibn
12. jds (morning shift) - check
13. seminolecpa (BOD slave)
14. tuberider (default for being BOD)
15. jeepboy_90 - check
16. Jbon - check
17. DurTBear - check
18. Apon - check

I help very tiny bit, hahaha I wanted to do more, but everyone is moving so fast and I'm their way. It was cool there. There were so man stuff there to buy and I couldn't chose at first. I almost bought myself a frag rack, but I decided not too, since I saw the 50% off, hell yea on that cool Acan... WHY Not! I seen these kind of acan going for 30 bucks plus. However, I didn't win he raffle, which I thought I did, :( oh well next year I'm going to buy 8 bucks instead of 4 bucks. Really, I'm for the August swap, and I can't wait to trade.

yeah better swap pick! jk.

great event. I wanted to help behind the frag tank but people liked having their hands in the tank so i had to help with the raffle tickets. lots of fun, even with the 2 year old in tow. :)

Special thanks to:

Gresham for putting on this event to benefit the clubs, community, and vendors.

Max at The Aquarium Showroom who helped us out at the last minute by providing the perfect tank!

Robert from Neptune Aquatics for generously dropping a few frags in our tank.

Jeremy and Eric for planning, organization, and making it happen.

Bryan, for being the traveling BAR closet. ;)

And the many BAR members who stepped-up and helped to run our booth and/or the event or donated frags.

It sounds like we did well spreading our message and mission while adding a few bucks to our bank account. ;)

Cheers!

I really appreciate all the help BAR members kicked at BAYMAC :) I wanted to say something about "community, BAR, BAYMAC, etc" but it's late and this is all I can kick out tonight :lol: I'll properly thank you again when I can think ;)

Thanks to Max and Gresh for making this event possible. Also, thanks to all the BAR members that stepped up to help out and all those that donated corals.

Hey guys, nice event. I didn't get a chance to introduce myself, but I'm new to BAR and stopped by this afternoon but had my 2 month old and wife with me so I didn't have much time to chat. Still though, good work, and your setup was one of the better ones there!

I just wanted to say that yesterday was a great time. It was nice to be able to meet and put a face to names. Nice to see that so many people in the group care about passing on the information they have learned over the years.

Great Show and good cookies.

Sounds like I missed a lot. I would have loved to join in on the fun, however work did not permit. Gresham, thanks again for throwing this event. Sounds like we will be seeing it on a yearly basis. Looking forward to attending the next one.

It was a fun event, got to talk with some other members from other clubs that I rarely see. Absolutely loved helping out too, even though my time schedule Eric put me in for overlapped the raffle, and clean up so I didn't sell a single coral, although I did turn away someone who tried to haggle $3 off and walked away when he couldn't get it.

Oh and thanks for the cookies Mom :D

Back