Kessil

BAR Meeting Schedule for 2017

2manyhobbies

Supporting Member
Here is the meeting schedule for 2017. Some topics and start times are tentative until the Board finalizes them.
HTML:
Date                 Topic/Event                                   Time             Place
Jan 8, 2017          Rock Building                                 12 pm            Chabot College
Feb                  Coral Farmers Market and BOD Meeting          10 am?           Sunnyvale
Mar 11, 2017         Members Frag Swap                             11 am            Chabot College
April                No meeting/event planned
May                  Speaker
June                 Monterey Bay Aquarium Tour                                     Monterey, CA
July                 LFS Tour and BOD Meeting                      TBD              TBD
August               Making Fish Food
Sept 9, 2017         Regional Swap                                 11 am            Chabot College
October              Steinhart Aquarium Tour and BOD Meeting       TBD              TBD
November             Possible Tank Tour                            TBD              TBD
December             Holiday Pot Luck and Rich Ross, Speaker       TBD              Chabot College

How do I go to corals farmer market San Jose?? What's the address? Do I just go there and buy coras or do I have to pay? Any certain age required?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How finalized is the member swap date for March 11? Just want to make sure that I get the correct day off :)

Last edited:
I stared fragging some corals in prep for the frag swap. I'm thinking of bringing
-armor of god zoas
-lots of Hollywood stunner chalice (had to clear space for the coral farmers market!)
-orange or blue mushroom
-some blue button polyp with green mouth (don't have I.D.)
- I need to get a scalpel before trying to thin out the other zoas on my rocks
- Q. Can I bring red macroalgae too or is this corals only?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can certainly bring it, and I'm sure people will take it. Not sure if it qualifies for the swap technically, but sounds like you have enough other frags so doesn't really matter.

@Chromis it would be best to setup DBTC and see if anyone wants it for sure. The BAR club table is off limits for leaving frags there. Otherwise, you can just ask around if people want it, but not guaranteed you can off load it. Probably not appropriate to do it in front of vendor booths as well.

@Chromis it would be best to setup DBTC and see if anyone wants it for sure. The BAR club table is off limits for leaving frags there. Otherwise, you can just ask around if people want it, but not guaranteed you can off load it. Probably not appropriate to do it in front of vendor booths as well.
I'm not sure what you are talking about? Are you confusing our members swap w the coral farmers market perhaps?

Back