BAR member South-bay tank tour in Sept.

Discussion in 'Other Reef Talk' started by xinumaster, Jun 4, 2008.

1. [quote author=xinumaster link=topic=3833.msg56269#msg56269 date=1222016305]
    Nice to see you in person, Jason.

That frag tank you got from max is a monster. I wonder how long it would take you to fill it up with frags.
    [/quote]

It was nice meeting you too Perry. Yeah, the frag tank is going to be a work in progress. I can't imagine having enough frags to fill it up. My goal is to have a shallow reef with multiple islands for a look down tank. I'm going to have larger size media for the bed since a carlson surge is going to be added for better flow. Since I have the main items now I just have to brainstorm for the next steps. :)

2. Gomer

Gomer Honorary Member

I hope you do a journal thread Jason!

3. Elite

Elite Guest

[quote author=islandcreation link=topic=3833.msg56278#msg56278 date=1222026438]
    [quote author=xinumaster link=topic=3833.msg56269#msg56269 date=1222016305]
    Nice to see you in person, Jason.

That frag tank you got from max is a monster. I wonder how long it would take you to fill it up with frags.
    [/quote]

It was nice meeting you too Perry. Yeah, the frag tank is going to be a work in progress. I can't imagine having enough frags to fill it up. My goal is to have a shallow reef with multiple islands for a look down tank. I'm going to have larger size media for the bed since a carlson surge is going to be added for better flow. Since I have the main items now I just have to brainstorm for the next steps. :)
    [/quote]

Which one did you get man? The big one on the floor??

4. LeviT

LeviT Guest

Started a new thread with the pics me and my son took since this one was getting long.
    http://www.bareefers.org/discussion/index.php?topic=4614.0

5. "Which one did you get man? The big one on the floor??"

I don't know if you were referring to the one in sames store or the one in the other warehouse?

Check out Levi's thread. He has a picture there. I'll post on his thread the tank itself.

Tony: For a tank journal I plan to do so. But since this is a 3 month to 1 year project it's going to be a very slow thread. Plus, I have a baby girl on the way in December. So I'll have my hands tied! :) Can't hurt to get 2-3 hours a sleep a day right?

6. Elite

Elite Guest

Wow that thing is big.. there is one in the store that right outside the restroom. I think it's about the same size..

7. Yup Its a 240 flat tank. 96x48x12. Thanks for all that came out to the shop. Hope to see you all next week when I get some new corals in .

8. MorandiWine

MorandiWine Guest

It was very nice to see all of you on Saturday. I wish that I was able to see all the other tanks on the tour! Maybe next time. Thanks to Perry and the rest that helped organize this event.

tyler

9. nukeproof

nukeproof Guest

What ever happen to the Acan that we were splitting at Aquatic Gallery?

10. Apon

Apon Volunteer

I think Eric ate the coral. : ) He told me he was going yesterday to pick it up, I am not even one of the ones splitting it. I am still waiting on the tank tour pictures.

11. Apon

Apon Volunteer

Eric - did you ever get the coral to Patrick? Also did you ever post those pics? Just wondering. FYI _SF tank tour coming again probably end of FEB

12. nukeproof

nukeproof Guest

I was just wondering about it during Christmas break. I was in SJ to pickup a screen and I was thinking too bad I couldn't call him to pickup the coral also.

13. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

Doh....there you are. I still have the southbay frag for you, Patrick. Let me know if you still want it and I can bring it to the SF tour; or if you want it before then, let me know if you want to meet up at Aquatic Gallery or another LFS.

14. nukeproof

nukeproof Guest

During SF tank tour is fine. I'm in no rush as you see.

15. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

Cool. I'll bring it with me that day.