got ethical husbandry?

BAR member South-bay tank tour in Sept.

[quote author=LeviTillie link=topic=3833.msg52729#msg52729 date=1218949803]
Hey Perry, do you think we can stop by Max's shop? Sorry if this has already been brought up but I thought I'd mention it.
[/quote]

That would be a good last stop.. ;)

Man bail last minute on a tank tour and never hear the end of it. :D

No frags for now as im moving a few days before the tour and won't have the tank resetup by then. most of my stuff will be in holding.

:)

Perry,
I would like to come and join in on the tank tour. I had a lot of fun last time. I will be coming from SF if anyone wants to hop in or carpool. I would love to try any of the chalices and vote for checking out Max's as well.
TIA
Joyce

[quote author=LeviT link=topic=3833.msg52729#msg52729 date=1218949803]
Hey Perry, do you think we can stop by Max's shop? Sorry if this has already been brought up but I thought I'd mention it.
[/quote]

Yes. That was on the original plan.

[quote author=Euphyllia link=topic=3833.msg52889#msg52889 date=1219095173]
whats the tank tour of, what date, time, and where? who, what , when, where, how, why?[/quote]

It's all here, just have to look for it sometimes :) here you go

[quote author=xinumaster link=topic=3833.msg52543#msg52543 date=1218822944]
It will be on Sept 20, 2008 and we can meet at 12nn. I still need to figure out where we should meet first. Please, sign up here again if you are coming. Let me know also which LFS you guys want to see.[/quote]

[quote author=islandcreation link=topic=3833.msg52671#msg52671 date=1218914017]
Do you have to be a member to come to the tour? I want to get to know more BAR members plus I know some of you came to our NorthCoastReefers tank tour and it was fun. Thanks
[/quote]

Since BAR members were allowed to join your NCR tank tour I don't see any reason why we can not allow you to join ours.

[quote author=Euphyllia link=topic=3833.msg52889#msg52889 date=1219095173]
whats the tank tour of, what date, time, and where? who, what , when, where, how, why?
[/quote]

Date for the tank tour is Sept 20, 2008 at 12nn. Meeting place: TBC

We going to see the following tanks and LFS:

Xinumaster
hiepatitis
Tonggao
? we need one more member to show there tank. Fishme???

And the following LFS: Aquarium showroom and Dolphin Village.

And if time permits we'll hit one more LFS, but I'll let you guys vote which one more LFS we should see:

Aquatic Gallery
Sun Aquarium
Neptune aquatics
Kings aquarium

If you're going to do some shopping, don't forget to bring a cooler and ofcourse your CC.

We will have to schedule the time good because you guys (Perry, Hiep and Tong) are pretty far apart..

Oh bring the Cooler and no need for CC since we are going to shop at Perry, Tong and Hiep's house ;D :D ..

I am in...I would like a Yellow pocillopora if possible! actually there were only 3 of us and the Northbay tour, but there tanks are really cool!

island creation, I forget your name, if you want to car pool you can meet up with in SF on the way down.

I wonder if Spencer would be interested in showing his tank. His tank is definitely show quality and is close enough to your's Perry.

I will show my tank if any of you like to see it, but I have to warn you that it has not been in good condition in the last couple of months. Basically, I got busy at work and did not trim the touching corals for a while. Initially only the touching parts die off a little bit, and I thought nature growth control should be fine. After extensitve amount of touching, my whole blue tip tenius colony (it's a big dense colony at least 12 inches across) suddenly start going south, and slowly many other colonies/mini-colonies followed it. So far I lost at least 15 corals (I did not count, only remembered the sad feeling of throwing away these dead/half dead corals), and the milliporas are hit the hardest. Many corals also lost colors. Adding insult to injury, the dying corals fouled the water, and I have a lot of algaes growing in the tank also. What a mess! The amazing thing is it is still overcrowded after all these dying, I must have stuffed way too many corals in there in the first place.

At the moment, the death seems to be slowing down, and I am just waiting and wishing for the trend to reverse. I wish I could do something about it, but really do not what to do. I checked for pests, but could not find any. I am trying to switch away from Reef Crystal now, but am not sure if it is the cause at all. It is very similar to what happened to some of the SPS tanks posted on RC.

Given above warnings stated, I will still be happy to show my tank as long as you do not set your expectation high.

That's totally suck Tong.. That's why you need a huge tank man.. that 120G is too small for all your colonies.

How is the Palmer milli?

Yup.. We go around and check out people's tank. We do stop by LFS to check them out too.

The fun part is getting together and talk reef all day ;D ..

Back