High Tide Aquatics

BAR member South-bay tank tour in Sept.

Hi Tong, There are still a lot of nice things to see in you tank. And there are lots of stuff we can learn from your setup.

Hi Max, your store is in middle of our route. If we can start our tour a little early then maybe we can have a BBQ at your place.

[quote author=maxttran link=topic=3833.msg52926#msg52926 date=1219117009]
I thought you guys wanted to have a BBQ at my place.
[/quote]

That is not a bad idea... Since Perry set this up, I will let him make a call..

Phong, I hear you. I know, 120G is too small, but what sized tank is big enough in this hobby? Unfortunately, the palmer's blue milli is one of the first ones that were lost >:(. But I still have a piece of it that I fragged a while back in the frag tank, so it will grow back ;).

I'm sure that frag is bigger than the piece I gave you ;D .. Good thing that you frag it... The reason why I love DBTC.. Here is a pic of it.. Incase you miss it :p
bluemillie.jpg

Tong that sounds very similar to what wads happening for a little while in my tank. I changed a lot of things including the salt (from RC to Tropic Marin Pro) and it seemed to stabilize. It hit my millies pretty hard as well as my tyree bali tricolor and paleta lovelli. Was more od an STN from the bottom up though.

Phong, it surely was a beauty! My left over frag is at least 5 times larger than the one I got from you after my panic dipping. Would you like a mini-frag :)?

Bryan, yep, that sounds very similar, mine are also kind of STN from the bottom up. Before this I thought millies are indestructable. It is sad to see them died away like this. But my small Tyree tricolor is still doing strong. Right now I am mixing RC, IO, and oceanic with equal amount, and I think next batch I will only mix IO and oceanic, which was what I was using before.

[quote author=seminolecpa link=topic=3833.msg52947#msg52947 date=1219123850]
Was more od an STN from the bottom up though.[/quote]
That's what just happened to my ATL Green w purple polyp birdsnest. I think it's because of my ALTbeing low one day then normal the next.

Yep, probably the low alk. Fast growers like mille and birdsnest tend to have problems first. Base recession is a typical symptom.

[quote author=seminolecpa link=topic=3833.msg52947#msg52947 date=1219123850]
Tong that sounds very similar to what wads happening for a little while in my tank. I changed a lot of things including the salt (from RC to Tropic Marin Pro) and it seemed to stabilize. It hit my millies pretty hard as well as my tyree bali tricolor and paleta lovelli. Was more od an STN from the bottom up though.
[/quote]

Looks like I'm having the same STN issue too with RC. I have a blue millie that STN on me, and on a couple more millies the polyps are not extending anymore. But when I shift to TUNZE salt the millies are now recovering slowly. I like the TUNZE salt but it is just too expensive and shipping cost a lot too. I still have 4 more bags of TUNZE salt and 5 buckets of RC salt. Next water change I might probably just mix the two in 50% x 50% ratio.

[quote author=xinumaster link=topic=3833.msg52979#msg52979 date=1219163790]I like the TUNZE salt but it is just too expensive and shipping cost a lot too.[/quote]

I switched to SeaChem Reef Salt for now.

You know i used to have that thought with salt too but then realized with all of the money I already throw at my tank, relatively speaking, a higher cost for salt considering the overall effect it may have on my tank is really a non issue.

Here is the list of members participating in this tank tour. Let me know if your name is not in this list.

Tonggao
Lordhelmet
Tapmorf
Hiepatitis
Seminolecpa
Hooked
Patchin
Gomer
Paradox
Elite
LeviT
Reefgirl
Fishme
Dyngoe
CookieJar
Xinumaster
Ibn
Apon

Please, confirm if you are coming or not. I will pm you contact/address informations 3 days before the set date.

Perry you might want to set a limit and a last day to sign up - like I do for the SF tank tours. It will help force people to sign up early and not last minute. Are we doing a potluck?

Back